Support for those STILL missing money due to the BIC transfer issue

May I ask which Austrian bank? I am still struggling with Easybank.

It was an account from Raiffeisenbank OÖ.

me too! asked for refund of the fees at Easybank
@zapata pls keep me updated!

I am positive the money will start bouncing soon.Thanks to Andreas for the funny joke that all Central European banks started changing by themselves the BICs.
I am sure he isnt missing a single cent otherwise they would have fixed it already instead of asking the end users to become Sherlock Holmes to find their money.

3 Likes

The test transfers I did on 31st returned back as Interny prevod kredit and commenting payment to beneficiary not possible and without charges
The weird thing is the 200EUR I did on the 26th did not bounce back.

A lot of us are sitting in the same boat here, having to pay (imho unacceptable) fees for a BIC mistake of which it is doubtful who caused it. Probably a high 5 or even 6 digit number of EUR is kept by the bank owning the faulty BIC. My bank took 5 EUR fee, which sounds somehow reasonable regarding a 400EUR transaction, the 50EUR taken by the receiving bank certainly are not.
I am willing to escalate the case, however I have no idea where to put the lever to start. Closing the Revolut account won’t bring my money back, my sending bank only took 5 EUR, so I don’t consider them “guilty”.
are there any prerequisites to contact the ombudsman? Which one to take (British, Luxembourgish, that’s where I sent the money from)?
Anyone else who could be helpful?

Best regards
Markus

@anon33247966 I used to be a big fan of Revolut and I still like the idea behind it, but i cannot continue to use your services if I can’t be sure that my salary will arrive on time. I understand that mistakes happen and I’m sire technically Revolut did what they can to fix the issue, but i don’t like how you guys went over this error by poor communication and expecting customers to do the work by informing the banks and asking them to update their BIC tables. Money is a sensitive issue for all of us, and the way you guys have left customers hanging by trying to get our money back is unacceptable. Thankfully I had a supportive employee of Deutsche Bank who refunded my money within one day, but I don’t want to have to worry about whether or not my employer or any other institution has updated their banking system.

Hopefully Revolut will learn something from this and do better in the future.

5 Likes

2 weeks since the transfer on the 29th of January - still not seen my money return anywhere. Is there anybody else still waiting?

@ashuri123 Still waiting for my money as well. Got lots of problems cause of unpaid invoices now. I’m planning to get legal help this week. I can’t accept that. The money should have bounced back already so I’m not willing to run after my money while it is somewhere parked on an Revolut account. Not mentioning the time I spended already for investigation. This will have consequences for sure.

1 Like

Still waiting since 25th of January. The sending bank ING started investigating and have engaged with Revolut directly as the money appears to be with them…However ING told me Revolut not responding since 2nd of February…

1 Like

This is a scandalous behavior. Doing a fault is one thing - that could happen to everybody. But doing a fault and then even not be willing to help and cooperate to get that fixed as soon as possible is beyond imagination of customer treatment. @anon33247966

1 Like

Tweeted @guardianmoney and @thisismoney (Daily Mail). Not sure if it will achieve anything but perhaps it will start to puts some pressure on the banks. Perhaps others could do the same.

1 Like

Yes, two weeks via Paypal and still nothing.

I am still waiting too, top up in 28.01 Erste Bank Austria: - \

As I reported a while back my test transfers on the 31st January bounced back.
It was weird the 26th of January didnt bounce but just a few hours ago I checked and the “failed” transfer with the “wrong” BIC is in my Revolut account.
As the previous comments dictated I second that this behavior is unacceptable.
Despite I got my money back after two frustrating weeks being almost broke in a tropical island( because I relied only on Revolut ), I will continue to support the other victims here and I am at your disposal if evidence is needed.

Yes, still waiting for paypal, one on Jan 28, and another on Feb 3rd

Still nothing on my side and still no official announcement. This is totally unprofessional.
Will contact the press today as revolut is clearly making fun of us. Hoping for some snowball effect.

2 Likes

https://derstandard.at/2000074130951/BIC-Umstellung-bei-Banking-Anbieter-Revolut-blockiert-System

1 Like

Guys, I finally got my money back (and without any fees).
Case closed for me, until the next issue… good luck