Support for those STILL missing money due to the BIC transfer issue

Anyone got some news from the Paypal front?

I told Paypal about the situation and they started today researching for the money. I told them that Revolut won’t give me a confirmation and won’t help to investigate it. So Paypal ask me to upload a bank statement instead and open a case for research. I‘m in contact with a Paypal Support Member, let’s see. After everything is sorted out I will review Revolut on socials for sure and close my account!

1 Like

11th workday and counting, no trace of the money yet. First Revolut told me the money will bounce within 5 days, then 10 days. The sending bank ING told me that if it bounced they should have received it by now, but they have not. Not sure what intermediate payment processor Revolut is using, but they should consider to look elsewhere…and no this is not the sending bank mistake, unless Revolut is trying to tell us all Euro banks are in error and only Revolut has got it right…

Guess what guys: as of today, I’m still waiting for my money. How surprising is this?

This company is a joke, the support keeps answering the same bs all the time, it’s always “the bank’s fault”, no news, no money, no nothing.
Instead of adding new insurance features and cryptocurrencies, they should focus on hardening their core business first.

Same here all i got was contact our legal team if you want and an email
formalcomplaints@revolut.com

Hi. In the same boat - still waiting. I was told a similar thing by the sending bank- they recalled it last week and haven’t seen anything yet. They are telling me that Revolut has the money.

I am pretty sure we can kiss that money goodbye

Nah, they will bounce back eventually, maximum 14 workings days, this is what PayPal told me. If not they will personally start an investigation about the missing money.

the keyword here is “eventually” :laughing:

Yeah :joy: hopefully we won’t have to wait more than that

Update: Strangely enough, my money reached my revolut wallet today, after 1 whole week. Again, I sent the money on 2.2 with Erste Bank Austria.

For anyone waiting for their money to bounce back: my first transfer of 580 euro sent on 29/01 is now back on my account, no fees charged.

No sign of the second transfer on my Revolut account though, even though my bank confirmed this was definitely a SEPA transfer with the right BIC.

@breado - Did you contact support or did it just pop up without pushing someone?

Strange.I sent the money on 28.01 and they are not in revolut account, and the bank Austria did not come back

@thm I did contact support two days ago and sent them a bank statement. Unfortunately the BIC that was used wasn’t visible in the statement, so I called my bank but they couldn’t help me. Support told me that if the wrong BIC was used the money would bounce back eventually. So probably the correct BIC was used but it is very strange that it took a whole week to complete a SEPA transaction…

So, after yet another surrealistic chat with the support, I managed to get a link to write a complaint: https://revolut.typeform.com/to/vFkGlk

That being said, they still don’t admit they are the cause of all our issues and this is still the hundred of banks’ fault. Not to mention that if you get any fees, they won’t refund anything (because, after all, this is not their fault… ah-ah).
I’m going to wait until monday/tuesday for my money to appear before writing a complaint and contacting the press.

While I agree that it is very unlikely that “all other banks” are to blame, we just do not know who caused the hiccup. It could be Revolut, or some other party involved in providing the infrastructure for them.

Sure, by revolut I mean “not our banks”. It could be revolut or one of their partners.

@Damn You gotta be kidding me — A sensitive form hosted on Typeform? That’s just as ridiculous as the current state of Revolut’s support in general.

Got my money back just now on my Austrian account without any fees subtracted. Original transfer was made exactly one week ago.

1 Like