Support for those STILL missing money due to the BIC transfer issue

Money back Erste Bank Austria. Top up 28.01 bounce back 13.02 without any fees.

Still waiting here! Transfer 29.01 by Nasausiche Sparkasse, Germany.

And only a few hours after you threatened to go public

Revolut Write a nice article about the issue and how they handled it.
But I’m still missing my 55EUR fee. Can I expect revolut to support me in that matter?
For me it sounds like „we did some tests, something went wrong, tough luck for you…“

1 Like

same here, missing 60€ fees … can I hope for a refund now?

The official response below
In preparation for launching a feature pertaining to our current accounts, Revolut has been working closely with both banks and SWIFT (the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications), making all the necessary tests before we release this feature.

For the purpose of running these tests, we made a temporary update to a SWIFT table. This is essentially a spreadsheet containing Bank Identifier Codes, or BICs, as well as other details which allow the banks to find Revolut accounts whenever our users choose to top up via bank transfer

Updating SWIFT tables is a normal banking operation that generally doesn’t affect the end users or their accounts, since these tables are sent to all the banks in the SWIFT system and the details our updated automatically on a daily basis. It works similar to switching bank accounts, where all your direct debits are automatically linked to the new account details.

So what went wrong?

Soon after the table was updated, we noticed a pattern of unusual activity. Some users weren’t able to make bank transfers into their Revolut accounts as their money would simply bounce back - a sign that something was wrong.

1. We contacted SWIFT and changed the BIC code back to the original one, which drastically limited the number of users being affected.

2. We created an action group to identify which banks were having issues processing transfers to Revolut, established a way to contact them, and began the process.

3. We informed our customer services teams and devised a plan to deal with the ongoing issue.

Because we acted quickly, we were able to contain the issue, limiting its impact to a subset of the users attempting to make SEPA transfers from a bank account to their Revolut account.

Unfortunately, some banks have been slow at updating their tables, which means they still have the wrong details for our accounts. These banks do not update their tables daily, but rather monthly, which is why some users may still have issues topping up via bank transfer until the end of the month.

I’ve been affected. What should I do?

We are currently working with these banks to update the relevant codes and we’re actively monitoring transfers to help resolve the issue for everyone. Until this is fully dealt with, this is what you need to do to ensure you won’t be affected:

1. Top-up via card to avoid bank transfer top-ups wherever possible.

2. If you do need to top-up via bank transfer, please ask your bank to make a SEPA Credit Transfer to your Revolut account and ensure you are using the correct bank details. The correct BIC, as shown in the app, is REVOGB21.

3. If you’ve already made a transfer which hasn’t reached your Revolut account yet, please ask your bank what’s going on. If they cannot make the transfer, you should ask for them to revert it, placing the funds back into your account.

Registered Office: 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN, United Kingdom. Main Office: Level39 Tech Hub, 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AB, United Kingdom. Revolut Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, Firm Reference 900562.
Unsubscribe

They said early this week, also publicly on Twitter, that they are working on an official statement that will be published later.

After two weeks Easybank told me that I have to file a complaint online (Finanzübersicht -> Umsatzreklamation -> Reklamation -> Select the transfer(s) to Revolut with wrong BIC) and now I have to wait again. But everyday I transfer funds from my account to another bank until this issue is resolved. If they want my money they better hurry up. Maybe I will switch the bank soon.

I have the same problem with two transactions made from PayPal to revolut.
One made 30.01 and one 06.02 in total a little under 200€
I contacted both PayPal and revolut and no one is willing or able to help.
From paypals point of view the transactions were successfully made to a verified Bak account (which was working before)
They tried to help me but they can’t since all they can say is that the money went out of their systems straight away.
Revolut also told me something about a wrong BIC which doesnt make any sense since PayPal verified the account and transactions went through before.
Even if the fault is not on the side of revolut they are still the ones having the problems.
Their customer support was no help at all they only told me to recall the transactions which doesnt seem to be possible with SEPA transactions.
PayPal could start an investigation on these transactions but I have to wait before I can trigger these investigations.

Sadly I have to say that revolut did a bad job on providing informations and solving that issue for their customers.

1 Like

Ich höre immer unterschiedliche Aussagen von PayPal wann man einen Fall eröffnen kann, erst hieß es nach 1 Woche, dann 2 Wochen, heute hieß es 14 Banktage also in 3 Wochen.
Hat jemand ähnliche Erfahrung

I always hear different statements from PayPal when you can open a case, it was first after 1 week, then 2 weeks, today they said 14 bank days so in 3 weeks.
Does anyone have similar experience

I just hope that someone from @revolut will get in touch with PayPal and solve this issue for their customers

Are you sure this will not incur charges? I’ve not heard anything back from Easybank after reaching out last week Friday, but I for sure won’t touch that menu option as it looks like it will cause further charges.

They told me that I must do that otherwise they can’t deal with my case and if it’s not my fault there should be no extra charges! If I have to pay even more fees I will contact the organisations listed on https://www.easybank.at/easy/Ueber_uns/263670/beschwerdemanagement.html and close my bank account afterwards. But please ring/e-mail Easybank’s complaint management first.

So to sum up, the official statement still just says “Go help/f*ck yourself if you’re still missing anything.”

3 Likes

@gpoul @zapata I’m in contact with Easybank back and forth since last week as I got my transfers back and they charged me 30€ on each transfer … I explained them in detail that I did not make any mistake as they can easily see and they confirmed me the fee was charged by their own department. I did not start a “Umsatzreklamation” because you have to agree to the terms of being charged if they come to terms it’s your fault.
I can see in my “Kontrollmappe” that I did enter the correct BIC REVOGB12 and it was changed then to the wrong one

Still, they refuse to refund the fees

I am also waiting for almost 50GBP… and they play with me on support chat… I lost my patience and found this, why do they not tell me that they have problem and still requiring ME to try to find solution

Have you contacted the general support or their complaint management? I don’t get any reply from their contact form anymore.

E-Mail: beschwerdemanagement@easybank.at
Phone: +43 (0)5 70 05 - 534

Next:
http://www.bankenschlichtung.at/
https://www.ombudsmann.at
https://ec.europa.eu/odr
https://www.verbraucherschlichtung.at/

You might also mention this: under official EU regulation, the “IBAN only” policy is in place (since 2014 for national payments and since 2016 for international SEPA area payments). Any customer only has to provide an IBAN for EUR SEPA transfers. The BIC, a “technical” puzzle piece for the transfer process, does not have to be provided by the customer at all. Banks have to add the BIC in the process.

(This website here also mentions that the regulation says that if a customer does add a BIC, it must not be overridden by the banks systems. But I have no idea how reliable this information is.)

2 Likes

Somit wäre der Fehler doch bei meiner Bank, denn wenn ich keine BIC eingegeben habe, dann haben die es falsch gemacht.

Two mistakes:

• Revolut releasing a wrong BIC
  • Your bank using a wrong BIC

And the customers have to sort this out. I’ve lost my trust in both companies. Good bye to both companies when this mess is finally resolved.

And this bl***y Revolut app can’t even show the correct bank details when you choose top up and bank transfer (GB account instead of EUR account).