BIC Issue because of European Banking License?

Hey @yongeneglinton,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this useful feedback. Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We always want to be transparent and help our users when is needed. I would like to clarify that the issue is definitely unrelated to our banking licence application. Specifically, this change was to prepare for some upcoming releases and once we realised banks were having issues we immediately updated the IBAN plus all daily files. Unfortunately we are dependant on banks reflecting this information in their systems. To mitigate problems this month, we ask users to double check their bank is using REVOGB21 for a SEPA Credit Transfer, rather than anything else, as this previously explained here in our community.

In the meantime, we are working on some short term mitigation fixes and we have definitely not given up on finding the most effective & efficient solution to this.

• If the transfer is urgent, and has not been sent, you may want to use another route this month.

• If the transfer is urgent, has already been sent, and has not landing in your Revolut account you should ask your bank to recall the transfer.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best,

Andreas K.

4 Likes