Why Was My Revolut Business Application Rejected? šŸ¤”

Hello everyone :wave: ,

Has your business application been rejected? Are you wondering why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No problem, weā€™re here for you. :saluting_face: When you apply for a Revolut Business account, there are several requirements that you must meet, which we reviewed in the previous article here. If you have provided all the data and still your account has been rejected, these may be the reasons:

1. You applied for an account for such a type of industry which we do not currently provide our services to.
  • :x:Political organizations, foundations, cannabis related businesses, adult entertainment, gambling and some others. All of them are mentioned in our FAQ page here. On the other hand, our Revolut Business account canā€™t be used to process funds that still belong to your clients. Please be aware that any money from your customers must be received as an earning in exchange for a product or service.
  1. The type of company you want to open the account for is one of those we do not currently accept.
  • :x:Public sector companies, Charities, Private foundations or trust or Cooperatives. In the previous article here we mentioned the ones that are supported.
  1. Make sure that the company youā€™re applying for is registered in one of the following countries where we offer our Revolut Business services:
  • :white_check_mark:Aland Islands, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar (waitlist), Guernsey, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States.
  1. Your company might not meet our physical presence requirements. For companies registered in the EE or Switzerland, some physical presence requirements must be met:
  • :white_check_mark:One beneficial owner/director of the company and the applicant must reside in the EEA or Switzerland.
  • :white_check_mark:The operational address of the company must be an address in the EEA or Switzerland.

Hit ā€œlikeā€™ā€™ if you find this topic helpful and feel free to use our comment section below for any kind of doubt/concern/query. :arrow_double_down: :arrow_double_down:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

my thought is that, it is not fair to leave prospected customers for you without providing explanation or good reasons.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve applied to a business account and our application has been rejected and not even eligible for ā€˜appealā€™. Our business is incorporated in UK since 1999 and no reasons have been provided to understand why. I am really offended by this ā€˜decisionā€™ and it is my right to understand the reasons, to let me correct this if I can or know what mistakes Iā€™ve done through the application process. Our business is already with multiple banks in UK and very recognised. I need the respective team to discuss this with them. Best Regards, Ali

5 Likes

Hello there,

Welcome to our community :wave:.

Thank you for letting us know about your issues while signing up for our business account. We would like to review which could be the issue here. In order to give you further insights, please send us a private message around our Facebook/Instagram or Twitter. Our support agents will be ready to help you from there.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Pere | Community Team*

2 Likes

Hello Pere

Many thanks for your response and reply. TBH, I am a bit confused, is this something that should be discussed via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? Havenā€™t you specific team to get back to me privately to sort out? Please clarify.

Best Regards, Ali

2 Likes

@TWL You can contact us through one of our Social media channels using this link and our team will address the issue and resolve any other concerns you may have. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

Hello, unfortunately my application was rejected , My company is register in UK, but now I am in Taiwan working, and put by mistake Taiwanise adress as company, and Revolut reject my application, I cannot do anything, have this can be solved? I need Revolut business account asap, please help

1 Like

Welcome to our community @bofa :wave:. I can understand your concern. I would request you to kindly contact us through in-app chat for this so that we can help you further. :pray:

SG | Community Team

I cannot even logg in to my business acoount, and start chat with you, thats the issue, app didnt let Me do it

1 Like

@bofa, Please check this link where you can see how to contact us without logged in to your account. :arrow_backward:

SG | Community Team

Hi there, I had my application rejected 3 years ago probably on the base that it was a non-typical company (one shareholder with almost no capital). Now, 3 years later, my company is well incorporated with capitalā€¦ but email and phone numbers are the same. Revolut doesnā€™t allow me even to start application on that sole base. I canā€™t even chat with anyone because I canā€™t login. Any solution?

1 Like

Hello @Massimo ,

Welcome to our community :wave: .

Thank you for letting us know about your application issues. The team able to help you here is our business support team on the chat, you can contact them by tapping ā€œContact usā€ here: Sign up for Revolut Business. Please provide all the requested details, so the final window of chat can be created.

Thank you in advance.

Pere | Community Team

1 Like

Dear SG.Mandal and Community,

My Revolut Business application was rejected, likely due to my residence outside the EEA. If I appoint a second director in the EEA, could this address the eligibility criteria and lead to a successful application?

Thank you,
Amjad Fatmi

1 Like

Hello @Amjad1 :wave: ,

Welcome to our community and thank you for raising your concern with us. :hugs: I would request you to kindly check the ā€œPoint 4ā€ in our article where we have covered the required details. Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hello ,

Can we receive an explanation why our company isnā€™t approved ?

We have send over every document you needed

Weā€™re a brand new company just starting and I donā€™t see why this is happening

Our company has received so many good points on that we need to use REVOLUT BUSINESS and right now weā€™re being rejected even before finishing our starting account

Iā€™ll like to receive a feedback on this !!!

Thank you !

1 Like

Unfortunately you will not get infos. If it is a small// personal company I would suggest to open a revolut pro in Revolut personal

1 Like

My company (LTD) is 100% eligible for Revolut Business just like my current company on Revolut (OƜ) but it was rejected the first time for no reason so I asked support to delete my LTD account and then made a new request which was also rejected without any valid reasonā€¦

Support sends me ready-made messages and I find myself with a company rejected by your artificial intelligence. I doubt there was any human verification, otherwise the problem would already have been solved.

All my information was approved except for the nature of my business, which is selling womenā€™s clothing on my website.

Iā€™m a very meticulous person, so I always provide the right information in the right place, but thereā€™s absolutely nothing I can doā€¦

Iā€™m very frustrated because Iā€™ve been working with you for 2 years, maybe the best solution is Wiseā€¦

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

I am really sorry that your business application got rejected. I completely get your concern. :frowning_face:

Please understand that to check the reason behind the rejection, we need some personal details which will not be possible here as this is a public platform. Therefore, please check the solution where we have mentioned how to contact us so that we can resolve your issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding. :pray:

Welcome to our community @CHelite @HTZ7. :r:

SG | Community Team

Hi,

I hope youā€™re all doing well. I received an email this morning from Revolut stating that unfortunately, they are unable to provide me with a business account. However, the email didnā€™t provide any explanation as to why my application was declined which is really disrespectful and offending, and it simply stated that my application has been closed, even though everything I do is legit and legal.

Iā€™m quite puzzled by this as Iā€™ve gone through the process diligently and was expecting a positive outcome. Could you please shed some light on what might be going on? Iā€™m feeling a bit frustrated and confused at the moment, as it feels like Iā€™ve invested time and effort into the process without any clear explanation for the outcome.

I attempted to open a business account for my limited company, which seems to align with Revolutā€™s offerings. However, I encountered this unexpected rejection. Is there any way you could help me understand why my application was rejected or if thereā€™s any possibility for reconsideration or reapplication? I tried contacting you on twitter and facebook but nobody replies, this decision not only has offended me, by not even giving me the courtesy of telling me why my application got rejected, but I canā€™t even appeal it or contact the support.

I hope somebody reads this, Iā€™m really disappointed in your service.

1 Like