Unique EUR IBAN and BIC/SWIFT Numbers.

SEPA transfers do NOT need BICs since June 2016 - so simply try to only provide your personal IBAN. Did it just before and my bank is accepting it…

1 Like

Just tried it. My bank does not accept it, it requires the BIC.

2 Likes

I know that. The online banking system of one of my banks does not show me a BIC form field to begin with, but it deprives the BIC from the IBAN when it verifies the IBAN, and then says this:

The payment is not SEPA conform. The combination of IBAN and BIC is invalid.

1 Like

I also have problem with my banks.
I do have 3 banks : 1 in Switzerland and 2 in France. All of them don’t work because combination of IBAN and BIC is invalid.
I send message to them, hope they will solve this.

3 Likes

Might be because it’s a central bank.

Typed my Euro IBAN into my UK Bank transfer page and it correctly auto generates a BIC of “REVOGB21”.

1 Like

Next hurdle I do require the full Lithuanian address of the recipient bank (country name auto generated from IBAN).

1 Like

That is weird. An address should not be necessary for a SEPA transfer.

I have the same problem with IBAN and BIC that don’t match.
Do you know if the old transfer system is still working?
Thanks

2 Likes

Probably there is another BIC code I mean if you remember transfers with the old system could be made with the Revolut’s bic and Lloyds bic

Well, that is part of the problem. This BIC is deprived from the IBAN itself. It is not an additional information one could enter separately if one’s bank already adopted the latest SEPA regulations, where a separate BIC is not needed anymore.

Trying to do payment from my Finland bank account to my new Revolut EUR IBAN. But I can not do, it says “This IBAN don’t accept SEPA payments”.

1 Like

Ulster bank Ireland don’t recognise the Revolut EUR IBAN. They are investigating presently

1 Like

Well my bank ask me for the country of the bank when I put the IBAN it says Lithuania but if I put the bic code says U.K. And then invalid IBAN

1 Like

I spoke with the support team, they gave me another BIC code

LOYDGB2LCTY

It works if you can enter the BIC manually, otherwise if the system checks for the BIC from the IBAN it doesn’t work

Hope it will be useful

2 Likes

Everything works great if your bank allows to enter just IBAN number! And very fast !

1 Like

Yeah but the problem with most banks is that IBAN and bic are from different countries although both of them are valid

I just tested EUR bank transfer from my new IBAN:
Min transfer - 2 Eur
You can choose transfer speed:
Turbo transfer fee - 6 eur
Regular transfer (up to 5 days) fee - Free

If anyone was able to send money successfully and received them to his revolut account tell us the bank the money went to so we can find the bic code

1 Like

Just checked - it’s REVOGB21XXX