UI Overhaul

Widgets, Watchlist, Actions

Edit: it seems the option “show more” is only available when a currency pair is displayed. That’s bad design. If I would be affected by this, I would report this via in app chat. (But as far as I can see, this did not change from V6 to V7.)

1 Like

@Frank
Dashboard defaults to Upgrade ad every time app is closed and reopened.

Next time you open that section, “Widgets” will be active, not the first tab “My plan”.

This only works until you don’t quit the app. After relaunching, it goes back to the first tab. I was already aware of this before commenting.

1 Like

I force closed the app. Opened it again. The “profile” tab stays at the exact same position. The wealth tab resets to stocks (iOS).

Does Apple leave the App open in the background? You can do that in Android or you can close the App completely. If you leave open, it does stay on Widgets, but not when you close App.

It was a disgraceful decision to move Vaults from the location it has been from the beginning without telling users or showing them where it was moved to.
If they were moving it, they should have it with direct access from Main Screen.
For security, I only leave a small amount on my main screen and move money from a holding vault as and when needed.

No, not when a user force closes it. It stays only active in the background when one switches between apps.

I respect your opinion, but I personally found it very reasonable and intuitive that vaults moved to “wealth”. After all, it totally makes sense to look at them as savings accounts. That’s where I would put them when designing it from scratch, totally independent from how I like the new home page.

1 Like

I’m not saying it is unreasonable to have vaults in a Wealth section, but I have been on Revolut for years and to suddenly move them to a totally different area of the App without informing letting customers know is really frankly unprofessional.

And as my wealth is my vaults, I don’t want to have Stocks pushed in my face when I go looking for my vaults. They need to allow users to organise those tabs to their preference. And in Vaults arrange them in order of preference.

2 Likes

This new update is horrible. It seems like they’ve made it purposely difficult to do anything? What was wrong with the old version? I realise it will take a while to adjust to the new version, but Revolut seems to get more difficult to use with each update? Most friends I’ve referred Revolut to have struggled to use it and have ended up going with Monzo. I miss the early versions when it was actually straightforward to use?

1. The main page is a mess. Why is there only one transaction showing? The rest of the space is taken up by pointless graphics.
  2. Why so much emphasis on the ‘Linked’ and ‘Junior’ tabs? I’m not going to be using either of those
  3. The second page is also a mess. I’m never going to be using most of these features, why are they so prominent (compared to useful features such as charts, transfers, FX)
  4. The new charts are awful compared to the old ones
  5. Overall, the app is is hard to use. It’s no different to the outdated banking apps provided by HSBC, Natwest etc.

I’m a metal user and I will not be renewing if the app remains in the current state. I’ll downgrade and just top up the app when I need to do FX, or even investigate N26, monzo etc

8 Likes

@Frank Danke für die hilfreichen Erklärungen. Hoffe trotzdem, dass Revolut die App Bedienung von Version 7.0 verbessert.

1 Like

Hi Frank, not any more. It looks differently now. I find out veeeeryyyyy looooong way how to trade currencies but still not able to find the watchlist and dash board .

Tap on „Widgets“. They just renamed the dashboard.

It will have spending analytics as I’ve mentioned thrice in this thread. Like Spotify wrapped, but for your spending.

You can see all accounts by going to the accounts section. You can see all account balances net (in domestic currency) or individual (in local currencies) using the new current main screen

It will have spending analytics as I’ve mentioned thrice in this thread. Like Spotify wrapped, but for your spending.

I don’t have Spotify but fair enough. Let’s then see how this turns out.

(…)You can see all account balances net (in domestic currency) or individual (in local currencies) using the new current main screen

True that, but it requires an extra action to show it. But that’s a usability 101 discussion.
What really bothers me is that on top of that the widget offered a summary of all accounts in the main currency and I was able to mix and match all dashboards as needed. As a cross-border commuter this was pure gold (exchange rate and account overview together). Looked like this.

Now this is gone for no apparant reason and I just have an account overview hidden in a sub menu without total amount and exchange rates somewhere else.

That being said, please bring back the account widget so at least people can create their own dashboards.

2 Likes

This is exactly the waste of space that has made this update a joke. Half the screen filled with big black box telling you your premium, Eh you probably all ready knew that as your paying for it and its also says above the massive box your premium.

2 Likes

This latest UI (7) must have been done by a trainee.

The whole layout is far from intuitive and i feel like its only to promote upgrades and other avenues of extra revenue for revolut, as they are running a business I do understand but it’s over the top, some of the screens are more than half full of that crap, its borderline spam and its prevent the display of data that actually means something to me.

Also on the transaction page there is so much white space around a transaction that there is only two on the screen at any one time.

Revolut started off as a great thing and I have brought many people to you but sadly your app has devolved to this spammy unintuitive mess.

9 Likes

Some good news… The latest Android update 7.1 beta 309 has solved one of our main griefs: the Wealth page now shows the last active tab which for me is Vaults. The same applies to the “me” page where I could directly see the Widgets tab I opened last time.

• I totally agree that Revolut should show more transactions than the last one on the home page
  • The spending graph should not be grouped by weekly columns but in the fluid way it was before.
  • An option to hide junior (my kids still need years before they are old enough to qualify) at least for paid customers (I’m still a free-rider…)
  • Totally hide Stocks, Crypto, Commodities, etc like it used to be on the Widgets page
  • In general, let us show/hide/customise widgets (e.g. hide all stocks, crypto, commodities, junior, show last 5 transactions, show watchlist for EUR-GBP, show one particular vault but hide all others) and create pages the way we like
3 Likes

This is something I really don’t agree with. Of course, this all depends on different use cases, how people use budgeting, and how they want visual insight into their spending.

For me personally, the new graphs are a huge improvement. While the old graph was beautiful, it didn’t help me at all to understand what’s happening, especially the forecast was so drastically wrong. I find the median very helpful to detect trends. Which is what I want.

So I would support a vote for letting the user chose the graph. But I would hate it if they would just revert it back.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tiny bit of good news. They still have a lot to do to fix the problems.

Had a terrible day with Revolut. As I have said before, I may need to withdraw funds from one particular vault when I realise I need additional funds for a payment. Taking longer to find Vaults and the one vault I use constantly keeps moving around (realised they are sorting themselves by value so by taking or adding funds out of one, it may change it’s position in relation to the others). Was in 3 different places today when I needed quick access to it.
I need direct access to it from my home page.

I personally like the new UI update, took me a bit to personalise it back to my preferred way. Especially the stock watchlist, took me a while to spot the button in the top right corner.

One thing that I find missing and quite important, don’t know if it should be posted here, is the average share price that you own.

Can this be found anywhere or is it missing completely?

1 Like

@Frank

What about a combination of both? The beautiful old graph, the median and perhaps an forecast which can be improved over time by an better algorithm and/or artificial intelligence? Or with the chance to choose which parameters one would like to see?