Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

Try to add it and see if it works.

I know it works… I’ve been using for almost a week… just wanted to know why was I chosen… don’t get me wrong, it’s a privilege!

They said its random.

Does phone need to be connected to internet (via mobile network or wifi) when purchase is made using google pay?

2 Likes

No. The phone stores up to 10 tokens for payments.

3 Likes

People who are not aware of how Google Pay works and what’s its all about, check the links below for info…

2 Likes

Just added my virtual Revolut Visa card from Switzerland in Google Pay
I haven’t made any purchase but everything seems OK: the CHF0 verification from Google Pay appeared in the app.

:open_mouth: VISA?? That’d be great if it’s indeed true. Maybe they started beta testing the VISAs as well.

A print screen to make our day?

:sunglasses:
:tada::sparkler:

You can add every credit card to Google Pay but are you sure that you can use Tap&Pay with your Revolut VISA card and Google Pay or just online payments? What does the Google Pay App show? Mine doesn’t work.

3 Likes

It is the same for me. I can add credit card but i get notification that I cant use it for Tap&Pay. Maybe we are not in beta testers list?

Is that the case? If so can someone add us to beta testers list?

1 Like

Works great. Also according to Google if I use it five times on separate days they will give me GBP 10 credit for their play store.

2 Likes

I tried adding my :r: mastercard (in CH with Android P) but cannot use NFC, then we tried with my gf’s :r: card (also in CH but on Oreo) and she can.

Of course she does not really care about it and I would really like to have it for when I go running :rofl: (no need to carry additional cash/cards). Not sure how the accounts were selected, but I cannot wait until everyone can get it :slight_smile:

I tried to install Google Pay but on my Samsung S8 I just get the message “Your device isn’t compatible with this version”.
Is it possible to install Google Pay on a Samsung phone or not?

1 Like

Good to know even I cannot use my card but my newly added virtual card works flawlessly.

Is it MasterCard or Visa?

All of them are Visa.

edit: I double checked with my second phone that has NFC contact less payment is not supportet.

1 Like

Virtual cards are not eligible for in-store Google Payments.

1 Like

I didn’t recall hearing anything about that so I carefully reviewed the stuff I got from Google. I can’t find anywhere that confirms your statement Virtual cards are not eligible for in-store Google Payments but I agree you are basically correct it sounds like I will not be getting my expected free credit.

_For a limited time, you’ll unlock a £10 Google Play credit when you make your first 5 purchases with Google Pay on different days.*

*New UK users only, age 16+. Enrol by 30/08/18. Make 5 qualifying payments (QPs) w/in 30 days of enrolling. Max 1 QP/day, 1 reward per user. Save reward by 15/10/18. Terms apply._

OK so I read the Terms which apply. You’re right that :r: is not on the list of eligible banks, in fact Google doesn’t even recognise that Revolut exists.

I think it’s incredibly sneaky of Google to send me an email which incentivises me to use their service in return for free credit, but I don’t qualify for the free credit! The large print giveth even as yea the small print taketh away.

So as I use :r: for all my purchases no further point in using Google pay and I’ll go back to using physical card as I find it more convenient than switching on and unlocking my phone.