Revolut :r: now works with Google Pay

Nope all you can do is to try, to add it to Google Pay.

do you think they will add visa cards too in google pay?

IMHO- yes, but is the matter of time

lets check after 5 years… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Is there an update on this? VISA card support?

4 Likes

Just tried added the Revolut VISA card to Google Pay…
Computer says No.

“This card can’t be set up to pay in stores”

1 Like

Still not working with my Mastercard.

Mentioned already couple of times - Visa cards are not supported at all for GPay at the moment. You need to have a MC (from premium) or a blank one to get it added to GPay succsessfully.

1 Like

Regular mastercard works fine with gpay provided your country is opened for gpay use. I tried it a couple of times with my revolut mastercard, realised i had to unlock the phone to use it - quicker and easier to use contactless having the card sitting in the mobile shell, go figure :thinking:

My new phone doesnt have nfc so i have gpay but cant use it in store any more, if you ask me its a novelty thing that people seem to forget about after a while.

What new phone did you manage to get that doesn’t have NFC

3 Likes

This https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_max_pro_(m1)_zb601kl_zb602k-9173.php

Honestly, i didnt even check it - like you i thought all modern phones has it.

It is a 180€ phone. At least some gimmicks are still middle or upper class – obviously.

Then again they could easily have made it a 185 phone with nfc if that was the problem. I want a phone with a real battery, then options get limited. No highend phones have 5000 mAh no matter the price tag.

Suspect they didn’t include it since most don’t use nfc?

What are the chances of me getting a fully working Google Pay enabled card, if i order a second one? I am thinking of buying one, just because of that.

If new one will be a MasterCard and you can find your country in this list https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7454247 and Revolut MC is here, chances are really high in my opinion.

@ Laurenz_L
I don’t get it why you think it’s a gimmick. It’s obviously in the early stages but in the future no one will carry those old school cards anymore.

I get my new MC Revolut card.
But I still cannot add it in Hungary to my Google Pay account. (Google Pay account not assigned to my hungarian address, so that’s why I can use it.)

Any news about the MC cards?

I sideloaded GP (as it’s not officially available in Romania) but I was not able to add any card to it, being from my local bank or Revolut MC. Anyone able to add Revolut to GPay in Romania?

Visa for sure not accepted yet. Mastercard is possible to be accepted in Google pay.

Can Revolut assure VISA will work with Google Pay? Unfortunately I don’t find much use of Revolut otherwise, MasterCard is too costly.