Revolut-Maestro cards [NOW WORKING]

I’m based in the UK and have a Revolut MasterCard & Visa card. Not to sure how I was able to get both but the Visa card only cost me about £1.00 to be added. I’ve tried tonight to apply for a Maestro card as that can be widely used in the Netherlands, but this isn’t available to me. I know that I can get a Maestro card from Bunq, but only by paying a monthly fee that makes it not worthwhile. Can anyone suggest another Maestro card that’s available for little or no cost for someone from the UK? Thanks very much.

Changing your address temporarily to Germany will allow you to order a MaestroCard

Note that it will technically be a breach of T&C though, so don’t complain if you get hit for it. But they don’t require address information for EEA location changes AFAIK

Hi Recchan, thanks for the advice, it worked! I changed my address to the Netherlands, ordered the Maestro card to my UK address & then changed my address back. I now have Revolut Maestro, MasterCard & Visa. Not sure what will happen the cards are due for renewal though! Thanks again.

1 Like

I would like to see that I can order a Maestro card for my daughter. We live in The Netherlands and Maestro works much better for me here, I use the Visa card for travelling.
But Revolut junior doesn’t give the option for a Maestro card. Also the service desk isn’t able to help with that.

2 Likes

Second this.
in The Netherlands and Belgium,
a maestro card is an absolute MUST. especially for the junior accounts, because almost none of the shops the kids go to, accept Visa or Mastercard.

please make this possible!
can’t be that hard, because it’s freely possible for the parents to get a maestro allready.

1 Like

I used a Maestro card to topup my Revolut account and since 2 days ago, this stopped working in the app. I cannot even add it.
Weird though, I can topup via the website, but not from within the app. The support (which is useless 99,99% of the time) said that the card is no longer supported. I guess they have no idea of what is going on there and they just give random answers, just to close the support tickets…
Plus… what genius logic would be to no longer support Maestro cards as topup method, since you offer Maestro cards in the app and a lot of the countries Revolut works in use Maestro!!!

1 Like

Do you have special benefits by using a V-Pay card in your country? Generally speaking, V-Pay is just an European brand for their debit card product which is now being phased out over the following years. Visa Debit will be the future.

Similar to Maestro being replaced by Debit MasterCard. Switzerland used to be a big Maestro country with earlier on a wider acceptance than a MasterCard. This was driven by much lower merchant fees for Maestro compared to MasterCard.

There are countries like the Netherlands and Belgium where merchants traditionally accept Maestro/Vpay, but not the “new” debit cards by Mastercard and Visa.

It’s going to change since both Mastercard and Visa are phasing out their older debit brands, like you mentioned, but it’s going to take a couple years.

As far as I understand the situation, the know-how to configure such a card well is rare in the industry. I’ve discussed this years ago with a consultant who owns a testing and security consulting business, and it’s astonishing that only a couple of card companies offer that kind of co-badge and make it work reliably in various scenarios and cross boarder. It’s tricky and not so straightforward as one might think.

If Revolut’s card producer doesn’t currently offer this, I can see that no one is willing to invest in this at this point.

Also, with Apple and Google Pay in mind, I don’t find co-badge necessarily better in terms of UX.

1 Like

Hi the card is not working in Bosnian ATM, is this for just my account or is this also a problem in Bosnia, what to do to have the card cleared

Does anyone know how I can get the new Maestro card. My old visa card was cancelled and I was told a new card would be sent. The card hasn’t arrived and now they want to charge me delivery for replacement. I can’t contact Revolut to say that the card which was allegedly sent weeks ago hasn’t arrived. In the meantime I have frozen my card - even though I don’t have one. The customer service is USELESS

Hi there

Have a similar problem as my Visa card is not working in Bosnia, it was working fine for the last few months but now Addiko and Uncredit Banks say that the the card is not supported by their networks, So that leaves me stranded in Bosnia without supply of funds. I would most appreciate it if you could advise me in how to resolve the issue.

Thank You

Veronica

This is a user community there is no Revolut support here.

Hi there
Have a similar problem as my Visa card is not working in Bosnia, it was working fine for the last few months but now Addiko and Uncredit Banks say that the the card is not supported by their networks, So that leaves me stranded in Bosnia without supply of funds. I would most appreciate it if you could advise me in how to resolve the issue. Thank you

Vera Raftery

Hi thanks for ypur response but could you please explain what you mean ‘to reach out to the in App for help’ would this enable me to unbloch the card Thank You

Vera

In the Revolut app you can contact Revolut support. If you are for some reason not able to contact Revolut support through the Revolut app, please check the linked topic below for alternative ways to contact them.

1 Like

Hi Poelie found the in App help and the support team are very helpful in solving the issue much appreciate your response

1 Like

What was the problem? I noticed that Zagrebacka banka in Croatia is giving me problems when using their atms. Invalid card or something like that. No problems in Serbia so far.

The card is not working in Bosnian ATMs and was advised to order a new card, but dont see this option in the app, any information on where to apply would be most appreciated. Thank you

I regularily travel to The Netherlands from UK. I used to live there. I just fund out that the Revolut card, personal and business, do not work on most shop pin terminals because they are not Maestro enabled. Reading this thread, it appears that only countries that heavily use maestro have the option to get a Maestro card. That means, not UK customers.

So, can UK customers also request a Maestro card please. Even if its not possible to get a phyical maestro card, would it be possible to have a virtual Maestro card that can be enabled in GooglePay. Maybe this would get round the restrictions of not being able to use my personal and business Revolut cards there. It looks like only places like Hotels accept VISA. A bicycle shop and a dentist i went to today could not. Fortunately, I had cash for one and the other knew me and just gave me an inivoice to pay by transfer. Could have been very awkward otherwise.