Revolut in Switzerland?

Thank you for your answer. What about charging my Revolut account with a Travelcash card, does it work?

Well, it works.

If you ask for the cheapest option to top up the account I would recommend to read through the following threads in no particular order:

There might be older ones I have missed.

The Fastest & Cheapiest Way to Top-Up in Switzerland is NOW:

Cashback Cards from Swisscard.

-> No Fees anymore
-> Anytime with the limit of the Creditcard.

Hello every one!
I need some information. Im french and im going in switzerland to work. Ive already created two Revolut accounts: one in Euros and one in CHF. The first thing that i dont understand is : why do i have the same IBAN for the two differents currency accounts ?
Second thing; If I give my Revolut IBAN (which is actually GB), will i receive my salary in CHF automatically ? With or without fees ?
I really thank you for any help you can bring to me

HI @maxsab

Well, I fear, receiving your salary (CHF) will not be possible, as employers will not transfer your salery abroad (say grace to P. Steinbrück).
Also, Revolut can’t give you a personal CHF-IBAN; there’s only a pooled account at the moment…

So best would be, if you get yourself an Account from a swiss bank; eg. Raiffeisen, Kantonalbanken (or online-Bank: Neon, “Zak”) - and then use Transferwise to transfer the money to france without too many fees and too bad exchange-rates…

Instructions on how to use Transferwise for this can be found here: SWITZERLAND - Top-up -- with TW, and directly to a pooled Revolut account
The pooled account is only available to swiss residents as of lately

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. But the thing is that i’ll be hosted by a friend so i wont have personaly (official) adress; so i cant open a swiss account, right ? because it will induced that i need a swiss adress at my name …

If you put your full name on the letter box you can receive mail at the house you stay at. This should not be a problem. I assume you still keep you permanent home address in France, right?

Regarding receiving your salary on a GB IBAN from a Swiss company: This mostly depends what your company is willing to do. I would not have a problem getting my salary on the GB IBAN, but I would not recommend having Revolut as your account to receive your salary with. A friend of mine did this some month until he was fed up because Revolut is too far from the Swiss local banking specialities to use in everyday life. For paying with cards, Revolut is perfect.

Actually, it IS possible to live abroad and open a CH-bank-account; best is to ask the bank; eg. Raiffeisenbank, Kantonalbanken (no need to go to UBS or CS, except you want to pay very high fees)… And then register with your french address…

Because if the bank finds out you’re not officially registerd under the address of your friend - they’ll block the account immediatly out of fear of tax-evasion/moneylaundry…

But as said - it shouldn’t be an issue… (you’re not the first commuter in CH :wink:

You might want to consider also, they don’t charge any extra fee if you live in a country that shares a border with Switzerland… Most of their clients are French “transfrontaliers”.