Revolut in Switzerland?

Dear Revolut team,

Could you give us any kind of indication whether Revolut is going to be ever again available for Swiss residents? And, if yes, when approximately?

Additonally, would Revolut ever consider adding CHF as one of the top-up currencies? – implemented

The previous thread by @nanda was simply closed with no concrete answers, which is very dissappointing. I am only keeping my Revolut account with the hope that it will one day become available in Switzerland. I am sure that there are quite a few other users in this situation.

3 Likes

Don’t know for card payments, BUT Revolut already made a statement earlier that the next app update would add CHF and PLN to the app as top-up currencies :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes, I just read it again right after posting :smile:
Thanks for replying! I’m a bit more interested in the first question, tho…

I can imagine, after all, the possibility of card payment is always more important than other things…let’s hope for the best.

I asked the in-app support about when we would again be able to get a card as Swiss residents (which is not the same as being able to top up in CHF), and they said it would be around July. Hard to tell if it’s again an empty promise as many times before…

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
At least it’s some kind of an estimate…

Any news about that?

Nope, nothing about cards yet.

However, as promised, CHF was launched as one of the main currencies with the latest app updated. So it’s a step forward, hopefully.

Have seen something on Twitter about a “big announcement for Switzerland”, so… :wink:

2 Likes

Hello…I have a question…does anyone have a list with the top up fees according to each Swiss bank? I want to recommend Revolut to some swiss friends but want first to know what are the fees for them to top up from their account. Thank you

None if done by bank transfer as Revolut offers a local collection account at Credit Suisse since December 2018.

However, if they top up using by credit card there might be fees coming from the Bank for foreign usage or cash withdrawal. This could change any time the card issuer changed their terms and it’s the reason I personally avoid that.

I have heard of UBS and neon not applying fees for top up by card.

2 Likes

Cembra (Migros or TCS Card) and Swisscard do not have fees. My recommendation would be the Cashback Card from Swisscard as this one is not only free, but features Apple Pay and you even get Cash Back when topping up your :r: account. If you want you have a minus fee.

Also the local transfer in order to top up works w/o fees. It is just that sending money from :r: to a Swiss IBAN sometimes could trigger fees. I would recommend to use a Swiss account for Swiss Transfers. Neon would be a free solution for such transfers for example.

1 Like

I have heard something else. Are you sure about this? It would be easy to abuse.

I am actually using the Cashback card. So yes, I am 100% sure! It is 0.5% until the end of year and then 0.25. I just could imagine that they could exclude the top up payments - as other cash transactions are already excluded (like withdrawing from ATM).
Swisscard also promotes a 2nd Cashback Card with Amex and there Cashback is 1%.

That’s why I’m asking. Cash transactions are marked as such. Some issuers (such as Cornercard) charge you a fortune. Others just exclude them from loyalty programs (UBS, Cashback Card). But noone would even pay cash back. You’d be stupid not to move the maximum amount back and forth each month.

They could exclude them in future. Actually they do not. Yes you could go and use the limit of your card to get maximum cashback every month. In my case that would be awesome CHF 42.50 per month.

I guess I don’t get rich with this method. :wink:

It’s not my style to misuse this.

I am new to Revolut and would like to transfer USD from my USD Swiss bank account. When choosing the USD currency in the app, it gives me only the GB Iban. How can it be done without transnational fees transfer?

There might be bank fees, not from Revolut. The exchange rate will be the one they get without any additional fee on top of that.

unless you have a card that can be used there is no other way

The GB IBAN is pointing to your multi currency Revolut account. As long as you created the USD account within the Revolut app you will not have any FX conversion, assuming your payment order is in USD from your USD account. This works for any currency you can hold with Revolut as long as that account is created in your Revolut app.

But true, the Swiss IBAN for the collection account is only there to transfer CHF from within Switzerland to Revolut. All other currencies go to the GB IBAN with the Revolut swift code.