IBAN for Switzerland

When is it planned to introduce a Swiss IBAN number for the transfer in Swiss francs?
At the moment the transfer is simply too expensive. My bank charged with 4 Swiss Francs and at the Lloyds Bank charged another 25 Swiss Francs.
My interest would be to transfer in Swiss francs and change in euros by Revolut. The change in Euro is clearly better than that of my bank.

9 Likes

Yes, they are working on it and have said it will come ā€œsoonā€ :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a long discussion about when is CH IBAN showing up.

Cool, thanks for your feedback

I hope we donā€™t have to wait much longer :wink:

2 Likes

Other European banks are cooperating with the Swiss Raiffeisen Bank and can assign their own Swiss IBAN numbers. Revolut could contact this bank. It would be important that the Revolut has her own Swiss ā€œBank Clearingā€ number. With this number she can then build her IBAN number.

1 Like

Iā€™m also waiting for a Swiss IBAN as my bank charges 20 chf for large transfers. Iā€™m currently getting round this by transferring chf - chf with Transferwise, then transferring from Transferwise to Revolut via their Debit card which is limited to about 300 euros a day.

If you set your general payment limit for the TW card to maximum, you can actually transfer up to Ā£2000 per day from TW to Revolut (with a monthly max. of Ā£9000)

2 Likes

Hi, any news for an IBAN in Switzerland to avoid to pay my local bank the fees ?

1 Like

Switzerland could just voluntarely switch to Euro and avoid all this hassle :smiley: I know, I know, it will never happenā€¦ somebody makes good money from this situation I believe.

1 Like

Well, as long as Revolut hasnā€™t a Swiss IBAN - the service Revolut is providing is pretty useless in Switzerland due to the charges.

Iā€™d love to use it, butā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€˜ve zkb and i dont pay anything to transfer to revolut. Its a sepa payment. Or do i miss something?

If you transfer to the Euro account in Euro then it is SEPA. However, if you transfer to the CHF account in CHF, this is not a SEPA payment

Also stopping by to ping this thread. I am watching Revolut for more than a half year now. Loving the idea and going to be an avid user. Also consider, we Swiss may be small in numbers, but we always have to juggle around different currencies, since we are doing our ego CHF thingā€¦ :wink: Would be really great, if this impediment could be resolved soonish. As long as there is no CH IBAN, Revolut just doesnā€™t make sense out of an economical perspective. Swiss banks are currently fumbling the ball, so there you donā€™t have any competition - looking at you Twint. :smiley: But it may be only a matter of time until one of the big boys will step in an pick up the nugget (usual suspects like Apple and Google - and not to forget that even Amazon and Ali starting to discover CH as an asset). Please - make it so. For you to get the market penetration you deserve. Cheers.

I am sure Brussels would not object to Switzerland joining the eurozone :wink:

Hello Revolut members,
Any update for a swiss iban ?
In march it was a few weeks away to have itā€¦ still nothing and no update anymore.
Thanks.

3 Likes

No update

1 Like

Since Postfinance has announced costume have to pay 5 CHF per month I think they look for a new bank without fee or better performance.
But without IBan itā€™s not so easy for the salary

you can try neon bank https://www.neon-free.ch (still in beta) and then take the TW route to Revolut

Wow, Iā€™m also client with postfinance and had to find out over the revolut-community about their changesā€¦

Ok, still with Raiffeisen, gonna miss the Postcard and the free SEPA-payments thoughā€¦ Bye postfinance!

1 Like