Premium: Airport Lounges

The transfer to card option sounds like a good way to trigger Revolut’s AML bots, no?

1 Like

I don’t know that, maybe with tones of transactions or big amounts, will trigger the bots.

I guess that’s the future of payments, only 2 major providers (visa & mastercards) no borders, no iban or local numbers and of course cheaper transaction in real time.

I’m glad to live in EU because of SEPA and PSD2. We’re able to top-up our Revolut EUR account with a SEPA transfer which takes 1 working day, and most banks have free SEPA transfers. Moreover, Revolut doesn’t charge fees for top-ups by card because EU capped interchange fees to 0.2/0.3%.

People asking for bigger cashback and criticizing EU for capped fees should think twice about it; the customer is the one who indirectly pays for all fees, EU shops can accept card payments without losing too much money thanks to capped fees, that means they can offer lower prices. That’s not always true, but that fits with the EU effort to encourage competition.

P.S. we’re going Off Topic

3 Likes

American airports have got this to a fine art. Make the free section as terrible and tatty as possible so everyone goes into the lounge

1 Like

Looks like Curve is asking/is going to ask £15 per person per visit (There was a screenshot taken from the LoungeKey-app, but that screenshot was removed. The below post is referring to that screenshot):

https://community.curve.app/t/can-you-please-update-us-on-current-status-of-announced-features/6134/26?u=poeliev

1 Like

Still, £15 is a bargain compared to the airport prices I see on my travels !

I agree.

I have a free dragonpass basic which gives me £19 per visit (free membership via Regus for just signing up - no additional cost). So no subscription to Curve Metal for me.

2 Likes

Apparently LoungeKey is technically live at Curve and one can help Curve testing it.

2 Likes

All these cards allowing airport lounge access. It used to be exclusive :frowning:

1 Like

Testing-period over already. It is live now.

And their Lounge price is indeed £15, come on Revolut you can do better :wink:!

5 Likes

Revolut is charging 250 NOK, which is the same as 25 EUR for Norwegian users. I’m not happy about that.

Since Curve metal is only available in the UK it looks like Revolut is only interested in competing with them on LongeKey rates in £.

N26 Metal is also £15 per visit

I don’t see the attraction of incurring a marginal cost for each lounge visit. It would put me off using a lounge. Ever since I started using airport lounges 20 years ago, first with Diners Club (Germany) and then with Amex Platinum (UK), I have never paid on a per-visit basis, only a fixed annual fee for the charge card with unlimited lounge visits.

5 Likes

To be fair I don’t understand why Revolut and others do this in a packaged account.

The idea of a packaged account is that some use less and it evens out the benefit usage

Still, £15/visit is cheaper than paying the prices outside of the lounge. Especially if you have a couple of hours to spare !

1 Like

Get an American Express and you can get lounge visits for free in better lounges than you can get through LoungeKey

2 Likes

And how much would that AMEX cost in comparison to Revolut?

£140 a year with first year waived and you could get airport lounge access twice a year for free.

Alternatively for unlimited access the Amex would be £575

If you’re traveling and going into lounges a lot though I’d definitely say it’s worth the purchase with all the added other benefits

3 Likes

Man, I don’t know. Doesn’t sound like a great bang for the buck to me.

2 Likes