Please provide a web app

I think at least at N26 you need the app on your phone to approve the login via webpage, right? Some other kind of 2FA would be nice. I don’t know the others (yet)…

I want too a webpage, because mobile app became terrible and I can’t use chat with consultant, can’t pay money in to account by card and many things which stop working

Yes, on N26, you have 2FA via the app. But, you can also request it via SMS. So if you lose your phone, get a sim, transfer the old number, ask for 2FA via SMS and you can access the app and web and register a new device. If you don’t have neither phone or new sim, the chat in the web app will temporarily disable 2FA, (they will ask some verification data), so you can continue to access the website while waiting for new phone and SIM. The web app has all the same functions as the phone app and works great. It uses transferwise for currency exchange, so works well with multiple currencies as well. I have lost my phone and with N26 I could continue to use the web and my money no problem. I don’t understand why after 4 years of requests, Revolut continues to ignore these basic security functions. I personally keep only spare change that I can afford to lose on Revolut, but in no way it must be considered safe and functional like a real bank. It does not have the customer service attentiveness and responsivety, and does not have/does not care about redundancy of systems or safety of client funds. My 2c after 5yrs of use.

2 Likes

Right now an access over the browser would not be possible due security reasons. Your login right now is your phone number and your four(!) digit pin.

In the first step Revolut would have to update everyone’s password to an alphanumeric version. Considering how many people here already have problems remembering their simple four digit pin that would lead to a disaster.

1 Like

People also use 3rd party apps for generating and storing passwords so I don’t believe it will be a problem

Well if they would store their four digit PIN then a lot of issues wouldn’t appear in this community. So yeah it’s clearly a problem.

The Revolut app doesn’t integrate with password apps. A browser always does. I think this argument is silly, a whole industry has managed log-ins to accounts for decades. There’s no reason why Revolut or its users would face inscrutable obstacles here. After all, they solved this already for business accounts.

2 Likes

Hundreds of “I’ve forgot my PIN” posts here proof you wrong.

Do you actually know how Revolut designed the login for its desktop browser access for business accounts?

Do you know how many of the complaints here are related to a buggy “forgotten passcode” flow?

Do you know how many support enquiries other banks with supposedly very demanding passcode requirements for desktop access get?

You’re basically saying that banks shouldn’t offer desktop access because users can’t remember passcodes. And you claim there’s proof for this, but there isn’t really. You’re just having an impression.

Here’s my impression: a whole industry of banking services that have a tremendously larger market share than Revolut are proof that it’s obviously manageable.

2 Likes

Read my first post again before making your assumptions about what I am saying. That is not what I wrote. :rage:

That is just how you interpret it. N26 does it right for example.

Maybe the language barrier is the issue for the misunderstandings… :face_with_monocle:

You were saying, literally, if Revolut would take necessary steps (to provide web login), it would lead to a disaster. That’s your assumption. And you based this on a couple of hundreds of posts here about forgotten PIN codes, that’s what you claim is proof for this.

I am saying that is a flawed argument. And your mildly condescending reply acknowledges this already: it depends on how it is done. You give N26 as an example. Here’s my example: the existing login for Revolut business accounts.

2 Likes

Yes because this would happen. Revolut should have implemented stronger passwords first. But they did not.

No, its just common sense and you would come to the same conclusion if you would observe this forum more. There is a big difference about theoretical stuff and first hand experience.

No offense but there is also another person here who things that theoretical stuff is the be all and end all.

But yeah, I think I made my point clear. You may disagree but you wont change my mind on this one.

1 Like

I get your point but that’s why I am trying to tell you it’s solved already with business accounts: app uses PIN/biometrics, web login uses separate password + e-mail confirmation link (like Klarna for example), or the app as 2FA. And you can switch seamlessly between those two options. It’s simply not necessary to force users to change the passcode for the app to provide additional web login.

2 Likes

for anyone who doesn’t want to use android/iOS it’s a mandatory step, the web app, please!
Does someone have tried the Aurora Store Revolut app? I don’t think I’m too comfortable using that kind of solution for banking…

2 Likes

Give us a web app already

2 Likes

I see no good reason not to implement a web app, people have been asking for it for ages and to me it seems a logical step. There may be problems in implementing this type of request, initially there always are, but I don’t think it can be put off because (hundreds of) people forget their passwords. If Revolut wants to, it can deliver here.

Nothing to prevent full testing via a beta programme.

2 Likes

Absolutely! This is super needed! A native Mac OS app, or at least the ability of manage our account while on the computer via Safari or any web browser. Please!

Very good idea to have a web version of revolut

2 Likes

Yes, please! Literally the only thing missing in Revolut for me.

1 Like

https://app.revolut.com/start

3 Likes