Metal cards

for interest in terms of the card BIN country, the BIN range is subdivided into many countries depends on the 7th and 8th numbers. Normally the 6-charcater BIN is for the same country, but it seems it can be extended
here’s a screen copy from binbase.com

1 Like

1 Like

Does anyone know if cashback gets removed when you get a refund?

It does. (It is explained in the T&Cs.)

2 Likes

It looks perfect :ok_hand:

5 Likes

how does it look in back? cover numbers obv

1 Like

Hey, I have received tracking number and can see that it is yet to be picked up.

2 Likes

14 Days is a long time!

Everyone who ordered the metal card already which isn’t shipped untill now, will be refunded for the first month :smile:

1 Like

well the name is not engraved… it’s printed on or laserd in.
and the black surface is painted, in few weeks you may have a dozens of scratches on it! :slightly_frowning_face:

Lasered in. Only the backside is painted, the front won’t see many scratches i think.

I should have recieved mine metal.
But date card had to arrive was 24th august.
Now it says 14th september… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Not good :slight_smile:
No tracking -neither email or sms.
Bit crap to be honest…

If the wait is 14th September. Then they haven’t printed it yet.

I went metal quite early in the moorning on launch date.
It first said posted on 23rd august,and expected delivery date was 24th august.
Order date was 22nd. I’m UK based.
I told chatbot that card didn’t arrive.
And yesterday all dates changed…
:r: should provide proper tracking service.
My premium card had tracking service.
Now need to wait…
Poot :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

DHL will send out email/sms when the label is printed, so you will still get tracking :slight_smile:

Or the additional monthly cost difference between the premium and metal card (i.e £6.)

I also ordered metal just shortly after lunch on last wednesday and well got now the mail from DHL :smiley:

Well still no card for me and Support unable to offer any credible assistance as to when I will receive or if I should reorder! (even though the app says the card should of been delivered on 28th August).

I realise it’s not Supports fault, this issue and the abysmal communication lies wholly and squarely with Revolut management. Revolut clearly did not anticipate a full take up and probably only planned for 75%, so logistical infrastructure was not in place for a full 100% uptake.

However on the bright side, I’m receiving 1% cashback on purchases so am happy on that front. (To be honest that was the only reason for upgrading to metal anyway.)

I got mine today after already cancelling it because, like others, i thought it had got lost in the mail. It was scheduled for delivery on the 25th (as I recall).

My advice to those who were lucky (like me) to get one of the 10,000 original cards is: wait for the tracking SMS then you know it’s definitely coming. I got my text yesterday and card today despite being told it was shipped on 23rd. If you feel uneasy waiting that long just freeze the card in the app then you know it can’t be used if stolen in the postal space :wink:

As an aside I tore down my unwanted Metal card today and can note that the metal itself is about 1mm thick with a very slim plastic back (like double thick sellotape). This plastic “sticker” is hiding the NFC wiring and is how the chip is attached to the front of the card. Your name on the front is etched on but, only very slightly and the Revolut logo and MasterCard logo are much deeper etched. My card had a greenish hue in certain light; not sure if this is the same for everyone. It looks great and feels great but, if this bothers you, it is around 1.5x as thick as regular card and about 2x as heavy.

Hope this helps people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup it’s greenish and it’s intended to be :smile: (I like it for example, it’s not so boring standard black :smiley: )