Metal cards

Can you consider issuing metal or heavy cards? Would add some pizazz to the premium product.

19 Likes

Metal cards on the way and has been explicitly confirmed, but release date is still currently unknown.

12 Likes

Can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has? Can you post the link?

3 Likes

1 Like

I went to one of Revoluts RevRallys here in Norway the other day. They said the would launch a Platinum Card (in metall) within the next 2-3 months.

4 Likes

Soon

I’d love new metal cards. Thankfully I can order the new ones wherever I am :laughing:

That’s some real good news, thanks for sharing!
2-3 months probably means we’ll get them for Christmas 2018! :laughing:

6 Likes

jpg-large

I saw on Twitter this picture as idea for a full black Premium card. (Credits to Lee Gold)

Is this not a great idea for :r: to make his idea a premium metal card. Would look awesome I think, and the full black makes it really feel premium.

7 Likes

At RevRallyCPH it was announced that a 100% Metal card is coming with the MasterCard logo etc engraved in!

Also it is coming soon! :smiley:

3 Likes

Not trying to hurt your feelings, but when Revolut says they do something in 2-3 months realistically it’s more like a year down the road.

3 Likes

I’m not really sure where that “Metal card” hype is coming from since the way forward seems to be contactless payments with other methods - mobile phones or generic “tags” like rings etc., and even with “real card” payments you don’t usually hand over your card anymore to someone else, so the design is completely irrelevant.

On that note though, you can have have a real gold or silver Mastercard from a certain online gold broker if you want to brag with it :slight_smile:

The downside of “all metal” cards is that they won’t work with contactless (due to the metal) or in many ATMs (some check weight and stuff for fraud management) as far as I am aware.
That’s also the reason the so called “metal” card from N26 is just a “metal core”, which in the end looks very ugly btw. (in my opinion, mileage my vary there of course).

Wondering if Revolut can do something different here.
A “fully” funcional, “full metal” card would be some news indeed, even though it’s a bit useless. But at the moment I doubt that that’s possible anyways.

Since we all know Revolut isn’t very good with their communication, we probably won’t know until it’s there (or not).

4 Likes

Revolut seems to have solved this. The card is described as a real metal contactless card with engraved Mastercard logo.

But I agree. There is no benefit besides the novelty.

And: will it bend?

2 Likes

Most certainly it will. I believe they said 18 grams, but i could be wrong about that.

Okay, and will it blend? :wink:

2 Likes

Like a iPhone :wink: haha

1 Like

stay tuned :wink: …

7 Likes

:thinking:

F5 my best friend

So excited to change my black card which is all scratched after 2 months :joy:

1 Like

Great! Metal Cards with Lounge access would be great for travelers (even tho they will be a little pricy)

3 Likes

Same for mine! All scratched (had it for 5 months) and I’m trying to resist from ordering a new one.

I want to arrive at the airport lounge and (not) pay with my metal Revolut card! :sunglasses:

2 Likes