How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

UK cashback on all purchases at least 1% (not capped at monthly fee).

Mobile phone insurance for already purchased devices.

UK breakdown cover.

Sure, who wouldnā€˜t like that, but howā€™s Revolut going to afford this? Domestic card transactions still have the same cap. Do you think the percentage of interregional transactions (between the UK and EEA for example) is large enough? If youā€˜re spending in the UK, interchange is still 0.2%. And consider how top-ups by card are expensive for Revolut.

2 Likes

They make plenty by the fee, more sign ups. More revenue.

It was a suggestion, even 0.5% is better than nothing. The perks of metal likely cost very little given majority donā€™t claim etc

Revolut used to not limit cashback to the monthly plan fee. Card top up processing costs actually more than interchange. Of course their idea is to make money with their subscriptions, not just operate cost neutral. My guess is substantial cashback would not be sustainable. They would have to cross subsidize it with something else like crypto or work with affiliate partner businesses.

A cashback of 1% could be possible if it is restricted to a select amount of stores that agree to sign some deal with Revolut. For example if some restaurants that a Revolut customer would not visit regularly offer a cashback it is likely that they will get more customers and generate more revenue. If the restaurant agrees to give back like 1.5% to Revolut and Revolut gives a cashback of 1% to its customers it might be a win-win case for everyone.

Of course it is up for debate if Revolut would consider such thing as it will take time and effort and Revolut is already busy trying to expand its market and update their products.

Yep, thatā€™s what I referred to as affiliate partners where business pay commissions.

1 Like

Revolut is already doing that, at least in the UK. Although that is open to all customers, not just the premium/metal ones. There are currently surprisingly many stores that participate, I havenā€™t counted but could easily be 50. Thereā€™s 1% at Amazon, 2% at Marks & Spencer and 3% at Swarovski (I know, I knowā€¦).

3 Likes

Then it depends on the country as in The Netherlands such offer is not available (maybe yet).

They do affiliate marketing with ā€œShopsā€, ā€œRewardsā€ and ā€œStaysā€, yes. But that works a little differently than the cashback scheme Curve or US credit cards offer, where you just pay with the card and thatā€™s all you need to do.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to open a Revolut Bank account?

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to open a Revolut Bank account?

Would be nice to have more than 10 ā€œfreeā€ trades monthly to be able to use revolut for stocks trading on a consistent daily basis. I guess 10 free trades are enough for long time investors but daily or trend traders are affected by this unfortunately. Same with the top 3 day-trades/5 working days period. Maybe this can be looked over? Iā€™m not sure if this is something thatā€™s going to be affected by the stocks/trading portfolios moving over to Bank of Lithuania.

1 Like

Just imagine being able to travel and youā€™ve got Ā£500 to Ā£1000 budgeted for spending on the holiday an extra Ā£5-10 is an extra meal or can go to charity or whatever. Also when you reach the Ā£5K to Ā£10K mark for spending it reaching Ā£50 to Ā£100 which is a lot in my opinion. So my personal recommendation is to provide a plan with no weekend fees. Charging extra money for the Ultra plan is the whole point, in my opinion.

1 Like

Also another major feature folks will live for an Ultra plan:

No weekend fees. I am super financially conscious and the reason I like paying for stuff is so that I know Iā€™m getting all this stuff and Iā€™m saving overall. Hence, having no weekend fees takes another issue off my head and my brain can relax completely with full ease of mind. I think this service should only be for Ultra users.

3 Likes

It seems weekend fees still apply for Ultra plan.

This should be added! Itā€™s really great idea!

1 Like

Have you seen the ULTRAL Planā€™s price? :wink:

I agree with Metal or Ultra plans having more than 10 ā€œfreeā€ trades a month. Especially as Revolut used to offer unlimited free trades for Metal plans some while back.

I disagree about the day trading limit but only because I personally donā€™t think day trading is great, as itā€™s trying to gamify/gamble on short term rather than choose companies for what they do and their long term value etc.

But definitly is limiting to have 10 ā€˜freeā€™ trades only per month. If most people budget from monthly earnings or salary and if they are putting money aside in to stocks each month (which is good savings planning) - it would be common for people to have chosen more than ten companies I would wager.
So having the limit of ten ā€œfreeā€ trades means you canā€™t save to all of the stocks per month and you then end up unbalanced across your chosen stocks.

2 Likes

For me one addition to the Metal or the new Ultra plan, would be to bring back unlimited stock trading commision free.
This used to be an option for Metal customers exculsively but Revolut removed this down to a 10 free trades per month limit (which doesnā€™t roll over).

Seeing the cost of the new Ultra plan, I feel that there is enough profit margin for Revolut to offer unlimited commision free stock trading for the Ultra plan users perhaps.

For me its a major holdback from using Revolut more.

2 Likes

Apply the same exchange limits and atm cash withdrawal limits to the <18 cards under the metal account.
Just got a bit of a shock to fees on my sonā€™s card who is in usa.
Only Ā£250 exchange limit before Iā€™m hit with commission and only Ā£40 atm limit free!
If I had known I would have given him one of my cards!
Heā€™ll end up spending a lot, Busch gardens, disneyworld etcšŸ˜©

2 Likes