Apple Pay support

Tbf Apple is moving rather quickly across the EU market with Apple Pay, imo.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I don’t understand this honestly. Can’t they just launch globally for everyone that has a bank card that supports it? lol. I don’t understand this need of such a geoblocking. I literally have a Revolut card that supports Google Pay but I can’t use it because I live in Portugal.

It’s called regulation…

@revoluter12, blocking access to goods or services based on the EEA country of residence is not down to regulation, but is contrary to the principles of the EU’s single market. There are EU regulations against it, although they don’t apply to financial services, because EU regulations for financial and non-financial services are badly aligned.

3 Likes

Finally, the floodgates have been opened.

1 Like

This is a service where one can check Apple Pay status and availability. Quite informative!

https://www.wolfmeister.dev/tools/apple-pay

4 Likes

Apple Pay is now live in Hungary at OTP Bank from this morning. I’ve successfully added my MasterCard. Only MasterCard & Maestro cards are supported excluding webcards. Hip-hip hurray!

5 Likes

Luxembourg is up too. And NL is still in BETA.

1 Like

What do you mean by Beta? NL doesn’t have Apple Pay yet

NL has Apple Pay running in beta, aka no public access.

Beta is not known as “no public access”. Apps can have beta releases offered to public.

Apologies for the wording.
Should’ve wrote closed beta / developer beta. Not public beta :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: :+1::+1: :smile:

This beta file:
https://smp-device-content.apple.com/static/region/v2/config-beta.json

2 Likes

When is the Apple Pay roll out in France?

It got quiet about revolut and apple pay, sadly. :frowning: Seems like the issue is not that small revolut is facing towards adopting apple systems…

Apple Pay went live in France on 19th July 2016. Revolut will be rolling out Revolut in June, starting with UK residents in early June and residents of most of the rest of the EEA, including France, in late June.

1 Like

I think it will be possible to add a card to Apple Pay in early june regardless of the country if the card has a UK BIN
At least I hope so

2 Likes

Yes, this was confirmed to me. It’s all dependent on the BIN. My reference above to residency was slightly misleading, as it’s not always the same as the BIN.