Apple Pay support

I miss…:rofl: the sound I couldn’t hear anything from that amateur stream :joy: anyways maybe it is just me expecting a decent quality stream

Yes the sound quality and volume of the stream was terrible. Had to really strain sometime to hear the details.

I hope that Revolut improve the RevRallies streaming technically.

I appreciated the Apple Pay presentation and sharing the timeline. It’s what the community has been asking for for ages.

7 Likes

The questions were asked by throwing a microphone cube to the person asking the question, which didn’t have amazing sound quality either. My question is at 1:14:20.

The sound quality of the questions was fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There was also a huge amount of pressure put on his shoulders because he had to explain why it took so long, so I excuse his stutters/mistakes :slight_smile:

Nevertheless, it delivers nice info… but the execution was as of street kickstarter company, not a 4M user company… It was like I was watching a daily internal meeting not an important event with updates. They had to know that many people are watching them and conclusions are taken from this, probably their PR is not that great…Dont get me wrong I love :r: that’s why I’m so critic about it.

5 Likes

Hm, I see Revolut as a family. I don’t care about all that shining things, costumes and silly rules.

1 Like

Great, good luck with your “family” bonding, for me is just company if there is a beter one I just move… at the end, they want to profit from you anyway from the provided products!

Anyway, lets keep the topic to AP.

5 Likes

So what? Did they force you to use their provided products? Personally, I’m a free user.
Also, your previous message about the Apple Pay guy, it was racist!

Saying someone have no experience of presenting and speakingin fron of public is racist ok :slight_smile:

It wasn’t racist. @Vebaev made no reference to Arthur’s colour, nationality, or ethnic or national origins, which is the definition of race under English law.

Given that others have made reference to his accent, I would point out that there are lots of French people working in banking in London with similarly strong accents. All those I’ve worked with have been very competent at their jobs, in most cases far more competent than my compatriots. I would also add that, although Eastern Europeans generally dislike French accents in English, British women think that strong French and Italian accents sound very sexy!

5 Likes

As he said the accent was the latest thing on his mind.
He talked "about a teenager that barely can speak explaining about Apple pay?! OMG "
So, he judged the appeal of an adult as a teenager and his way of speaking a foreign language complaining that he wasn’t native, wondering what exactly doing there!

With that phrase everyone can see his intention. But lets stop here, because we are already out of topic.

There was no criticism of Arthur’s way of speaking a foreign language.

I spoke to Arthur afterwards, and he was very knowledgeable and very capable of expressing himself in English. I have no doubt that @Vebaev was criticising Arthur’s public speaking ability, not his proficiency in English. Not everyone is good at or used to public speaking, even native speakers of a language. In any case, Arthur’s role is to deliver Apple Pay, not to be a good public speaker.

7 Likes

2 Likes

I would suggest you stop using that word if you don’t know what it means. It’s being thrown left and right so often it has lost any meaning.

1 Like

So Hungary is getting Apple Pay too! Soon!

3 Likes

Date for Apple Pay in Portugal is June!

4 Likes
5 Likes

Why not Google Pay as well? >_>

I remember reading an article about Google giving up (for no reason?) on many markets where they were going to expand Google Pay. For example, Google Pay should’ve been the first to launch in Romania, but since Google has given up on the market, Apple Pay is now going to be first :thinking: