Visa instead of Mastercard

If you can have 2 cards per account can you withdraw 200 pounds per card free per month totalling 400 ?

One account, multiple cards. The limit goes to account not to cards individually.
You can check your limits at any time through settings and price plan.

2 Likes

Just received my spanking new MC which I look forward to activating.
I didn’t appreciate when ordering that there may be a choice but provided that the MC works well for purchases in France - what does it matter which brand is issued?
As an aside, I’m really impressed with the way the card was packaged in the double ended sliding pouch. No evidence to postal agencies (or others) what is contained in the envelope so a good security feature!

Today I noticed for the first time in 2 years that when I tap “Add standard card”, the type is VISA (no choice). No change for Premium cards, still Mastarcards. (I’m in France). It would be great to have a Visa as a spare card, but I already have 2 standard mastercards. Can I order this 3rd card? how much will it cost?

You can link to your account up to 3 physical cards. Cost is ~5gbp +delivery fee. Before order, you will see price.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I finally ordered my new Visa and I wasn’t charged. I only paid 5.99 EUR for delivery. May be because one of my card is the limited-edition Rainbow which I had for free and it doesn’t account as a spare card? It’s confusing :interrobang:

1 Like

I paid 5.99 for Visa and again 5.99 for Maestro. Now I have three cards (one of them is MC🌈). And also one virtual.

2 Likes

I also have 3 cards and 1 virtual. But according to

only first card is free (but delivery fees apply anyway) then it should be 6€ + delivery: 4.99£ for each new card. Apparently the Revolut fees page needs an update.

1 Like

indeed, it seems off.
as the rainbow MC was free and doesn’t count as standard card, additional cards should have costed:
delivery fees for the first card ordered, delivery + card fee for the second.

2 Likes

One key difference is that the Maestro (not MasterCard, unless you got a different card than me) won’t be accepted in the US. Just dealing with this, my Apple Pay visa works fine but the physical card only works at ATMs. Would’ve been nice to be told about this.

1 Like

Me too, finally! All I ever had was Mastercards.

But
 do any of you know if the VISA BINs will be localized at some point? When I check on Binlist, my card has a UK BIN, while Mastercards have a local BIN. I find this somewhat disappointing, and I hope that it will not pose a problem.

I asked support and received a very vague answer about algorithms and that they do not control their own product because everything is left to computers to decide. And those computers are not programmed by people, I know; they just «exist» and make decisions. I should have known, stupid of me to ask.

So do any of you usually very knowledgeable people know more than Revolut Support?

1 Like

I just got the alert that my card is due to expire. I currently have a Mastercard on the basic plan but i see that the only option for this plan now is to get a Visa card. I would like to keep the Mastercard option but to get this I have to go on a pay monthly plan. Am I right in this?

you can upgrade, order the premium card, cancel again (within 14 days). it will cost you the regular card fee + delivery.

1 Like

Are you a Premium customer? Or standard?

1 Like

I’m standard, and I’d very much like to know whether additional virtual cards are also free? since I only paid the delivery fee for an extra physical card.

1 Like

My first virtual card was for free, but it could have been changed. Honestly, the best way to find out is to attempt to order a new card — the price (if any) will be shown during the order process.

1 Like

Free user choice of card brand is a must. Yesterday I saw real travelers video with experience from Tajikistan. They were in Dushanbe and was not able to use any Mastercard ATM’s. And they only had mastercards with them.

Due to construction damage to some important cables all mastercard atm infrastructure were down in the city. VISA atm’s worked fine.

So, such real life situations may (and will) happen.

1 Like

In Germany I can choose a Visa. It is available when I select the standard color. :man_shrugging:t3: So I could have a Visa and maybe everybody does have the opportunity – but the card will not be of a special premium color.

1 Like

Yeah, they changed that again recently.

It’s about having the choice of Mastercard or Visa as basic cards not that you are only offered one and have to be lucky that they offer the right kind at the time of need.

EDIT: Also not to forget Maestro which is only available for people living in specific countries which makes even less sense.

3 Likes

I’m in the UK and started a free Revolut account in August for Fitbit Pay. My virtual card was Mastercard but the physical one I ordered in Sept was Visa. I noticed now though that only Visa virtual cards are being issued. I wish we could have the option to choose since when (if ever) they get Fitbit Pay working properly in the UK I need to use the Mastercard option.

1 Like