Visa instead of Mastercard

Hey there, I just received my first Resolut card. It turns out to be a Visa card, instead of a Mastercard (the latter I expected). On the Revolut website and all documentation I read only about MasterCard. Just wanted to check whether this is correct? (I do prefer Visa…)

1 Like

Hi, Visa is issued directly by Revolut, and as I know it is on tests now. Please check this thread on community - Email about Revolut Visa - #411 by kylo32
Sometimes there are problems with visa and Revolut is working on it.
Also I don’t know that Visa will replace MasterCard at all - more you can find there: European Banking Licence 🏦 - #57 by kylo32

On terms you can find information about Visa - https://www.revolut.com/pl/cardholder-terms?lang=en

4 Likes

Today I saw someone paying food with a Visa Revolut Card. I went ahead and asked how he did get the card - he told me then that he requested the card on the app as it should be. The thing is I have a Mastercard and don’t know what I could have done to Revolut ship me a Visa one.

Please advise.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m from UK and got Mastercard.-which is physical card , but my virtual one states VISA.Got both december 2017
Whats the difference between visa/mastercard in Revolut?
And if i order 2nd physical,will it be VISA then?

1 Like

New cards in the UK (and other countries, Romania too) are Visa now.

2 Likes

Who guarantees me that Revolut will ship a Visa card?

1 Like

If you order a new card in Czechia, it will be Visa too. It has just changed, last week it would have been a MasterCard

1 Like

Do you know if new cards in France are Visa too ? I have a Mastercard Revolut and I’d like a Visa secund card.

1 Like

You can try in the app directly. click new card, get a new card for xx.- money, then you will see your options.

1 Like

UK user here, currently have premium and mastercard. Would like a Visa (mastercard was not accepted in 3 places recently in Asia).

when I go to the order new card section, it shows the standard card as Visa, but all the premium cards as Mastercard.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

You can have 2 active cards. You can just order a standard Visa and keep your Premium design Mastercard.

1 Like

Then get a premium card. At least there’s a way to get a MC guaranteed.

I want a Visa card, how long do we have to take before we have a Visa option?

1 Like

I prefer Mastercard too but seems Revolut issues Visa now :frowning:
I had not problems in Korea using my Revolut Mastercard but both should work well.

1 Like

So what gives. I have a revolut mastercard and I have a regular account ie not premium. Can I order a new card and get a visa and have both mastercard and visa revolut? Only extra cost is shipping for visa card?

If you’re given the option to order another physical card and it’s a Visa you’d be able to keep the Mastercard and Visa together in your account, that’s correct. You’d need to pay for the shipping though.

1 Like

It’s shipping fee + spare card fee. You can have up to 2 active physical cards per account.

2 Likes

Thanks! How much is the spare card fee?

£4.99 or currency equivalent

https://www.revolut.com/de/fee-schedule?lang=en

I have a VISA card with a standard account. I would like to have a Master Card but without subscribing a Premium Account.
Do you think is possible?
If I order a spare card, it will be Visa again?

1 Like

You will get exactly the card that is displayed in the app. If it’s Visa there, it will be Visa.

1 Like