Virtual Visa transaction declined again!

Go sign up to Scaleway and it’ll tell you while adding billing details that they don’t accept virtual or prepaid

Then my guess would be that the card was declined because it is prepaid and not because it is virtual.

1 Like

I still wonder how they should detect virtual. Prepaid is easy, that’s in the list.

Anybody has a virtual card which is not prepaid to try?

They can’t with Revolut cards. They can with real bank cards where virtual cards have their own dedicated bin. All Revolut cards are prepaid and not virtual. Just because you see term virtual in the app it doesn’t have to mean that they are virtual. They are all prepaid like all Revolut cards are.

ps. I have Intesa and Otp bank virtual cards added at Scalway, Aruba, DigitalOcean, Amazon, Google cloud etc… So the problem isn’t in virtual… the problem are prepaid cards.

2 Likes

And I want proof. Simple as that.

1 Like

I know what virtual means do you? …regarding Revolut you can’t differentiate between Revolut prepaid and Revolut virtual prepaid. They all are MC or Visa debit prepaid cards.

You have to prove that there isn’t a way to differentiate, as it does exist :thinking: how is irrelevant.

In the meantime though I’ve asked Stripe how they do it.

You lot are actually hurting my brain cells now so I’m going to dip - I don’t get how companies can do it and you’re sat here asking for proof??!

No offense. You are the one saying that they can distinguish between real and virtual Revolut cards even tho all evidence points against that.

My evidence: Same 8 digit BIN numbers on the cards.

@a.r.s his evidence: ps. I have Intesa and Otp bank virtual cards added at Scalway, Aruba, DigitalOcean, Amazon, Google cloud etc…

Your evidence: Your statement that they can.

If you say something is otherwise then you are the one who needs to proof his statement.

2 Likes

Why would a B2B company lie to their clients about being able to take or differentiate between certain types of card payments? Surely they want as many customers as they can get.

Anyways, I’ll post again when Stripe messages me back.

Sometimes some people just don’t know it better or do not have all the information. Ever tried asking the same question to two or more Revolut Agents? :rofl:

But yeah let’s wait and see.

1 Like

While we’re on the topic of pre-paid etc does anyone know if/when Revolut will go full debit and not just pre-paid?

They have not stated an intention to change this. Users assume it might be related to migrating users over to their banking license. But nothing is confirmed.

1 Like

Hopefully at some point - is there any reason in particular why this is an issue? Most places I know will accept prepaid

Well, for a starter it’s annoying that a London fintech multi currency card is not reliable for TfL due to the offline gates at some stations. Or for similar public transport systems in Chicago …

And then, on board of planes and trains. And car rentals obviously.

I would recommend Starling or an Amex card for the underground! Always works (offline/online supported) and mobile payments supported on both

Why the hell are people waging a war of flagging to me- literally saying “these are an alternative for if Revolut doesn’t work”

I know which cards would work with TfL, that’s not the point. You were wondering where Debit would be beneficial. And for a multi currency travel companion, it’s ironic that it does fail in these intrinsically travel related situations. It would be a dramatically more useful product. And it would be on par with cards from Transferwise, Bunq, N26, Monzo, Starling, Curve …

I suppose a workaround would be to link your Revolut card to Curve

I suppose a workaround would be to link your Revolut card to Curve

I actually hate you guys I contribute to this community for so long and all of you spit at me with your flags

@anon33247966 do something about this thanks

I know. Why were you asking about users wanting Debit in the first place? I’m out.