UI Overhaul

“People on this page” explained exactly what they don’t like about the new UI. You just said “it’s so much better” without explaining. Care to elaborate? Why is it better? I would honestly love to hear the rationale behind it.

These are questions which you should address to :r: directly as users cannot be qualified to answer the rationale since there may be hidden.commercial reasons for doing so.
Always remember that one man’s meat can often be another’s poison :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to ask them, but I don’t think they’ll listen. Note how there has been not a single representative on this thread, not even expressing a simple acknowledgement. Not sure they even read it…

It pains me to watch Revolut grow from a pioneering fintech startup that cared and strived to become the best into a leaden corporate monster that is no better than the big banks, the very thing they vowed to fight against. It seems like Revolut is over :frowning:

1 Like

The ways and means are out there if you do your research rather than just moan in this thread…

I have contacted their support multiple times, left a feedback on the beta programme… And if this thread (labeled “Feedback”) is the wrong place for “moaning” I sincerely apologise.

Actually, the thread is labelled UI Overhaul the Category is feedback.
Did you read the link provided or have you already made your mind up about how well or badly :r: are doing?
I think it fair to say that the community (this place) is less for direct support from :r: (as there are other methods of direct contact according to your problem) but more for fellow users to offer help and general advice where they can. I would venture to suggest that complaints about :r: are not really on-topic here as they could be considered no more than a rant.

1 Like

I am relatively sure Revolut, meaning product teams managing various aspects of the product, screen this forum for feedback. But they rarely comment on it. My assumption is that feedback is noticed, but it is evaluated in a broader context with all the input from other sources like chat and social media. Not just direct feedback, also inquiries like “where can I find this”. When a certain problem occurs all the time, it takes up unnecessary resources from support. And all of this goes into product and design development.

3 Likes

It’s just awful new design, at least they should add back the “all time” analytics.

4 Likes

Also looks much better on the eye, far less white, everything split out.

This app will get users using many more of the functions they didn’t know about / were not directed to in the old app.

Everything is so much better laid out, so much easier to see all the features, before you had to go into the dashboard to look at everything in a long list. Most people don’t even look there. Now, everything is very well laid out and the features are better integrated / grouped together

Some feedback from a non tech-savvy relative that I introduced to Revolut:

“What happened to the exchange page on Revolut…need to put baht in my Thai Acct and can’t figure it out. I hate this app!”

“Can’t wait till they ask me to rate it again!”

4 Likes

The new UI has changed a lot in bad. Why? I can not see my account as before. Overall spendings are not by account currency are total. This is not great. I want to see like before. The simplicity of the old platform is now gone. Why you try so much to make your app so complicate compare with others? Please fix this, and improve it not in the way you do it now.

3 Likes

I dislake the new app.
All the stuff I used regularly and was at my fingertips I now need to go searching for.
Most used is
Pay someone
Exchange currency
and that’s about it.
Can we get these back at your fingertips rather than having to work out you need to click the three dots to find exchange?

4 Likes

You are right. Just realised, it’s no longer possible to get stats for an individual currency account in that currency. Only overall in Pounds. Neither it’s possible to get all-time stats (i.e. amount spent for a merchant). Shocking :frowning:

3 Likes

You do not need to wait, you can change your review and rating at any time, which I did and I think everyone who doesn’t like the new UI should do the same.

1 Like

I prefer this layout by far, I have now the new update as of June 5th 2020 and the new UI is so confusing. icons are too small and one needs multiple steps to get to what we could do in 1 or 2 steps.

2 Likes

This UI update is really a missed opportunity to design a useful home screen. It should be pretty obvious to Revolut what users are most frequently looking at: transaction history (not just one, but a scrollable list), the main currency accounts (and easy swapping between them by left/right swiping instead of selecting from a drop-down menu), and the exchange function (which is now hidden in a sub-menu). Do we really need so much blank space on the home screen and the clutter of these „junior“ cards that are only of interest to a fraction of today‘s Revolut users?

8 Likes

Terrible! I have no idea who approved this… Even the analytics doesn’t have simple information as it was before… no all time spending … no information on spending in a different currency…

So sad Revolut … please don’t copy Monzo … you don’t have to… or don’t hire people from this company…

7 Likes

I agree with this. I’m using the transaction history a lot, also i tend to add descriptions for 30-35% of the transactions.
Now, even adding a description to a transaction is harder, because the field is located at the end of the transaction description and you need to scroll down.
Also, i liked a lot swiping left/aright in order to change the currency, it was very intuitive.
I also notified support with feedback on these. It felt to me that the interface started to worsen from the point the swiping was removed. (I also saw this sentiment also expressed somewhere above)

As for the junior cards, I admit I ordered for both kids. I find it very useful nowadays, given the current situation and given that viruses and bacteria can be spread using real money.

One thing I find true: the new UI looks better (I’m only referring to the look) but the UX is worse (it feels harder to do anything).

One question still remains opened.
In the old UI everything seemed to be centered around the list of transactions, but now is centered on what?
The only logical explanation I found for myself is that is centered on other products and on expanding the number of clients. Is that only it?

9 Likes

There have been so many changes over the last few weeks / months that it’s hard to tell what’s happened when. It would be great if Revolut actually asked for feedback on the changes being made in the app. As I’ve read above and agree with the UX has become more difficult. UI is nice but even things like Analytics that used to be easily visible and helpful have now been hidden away (2 different icons with bar charts is not helpful Revolut) and forcing the bar chart rather than a trend line - at least give users an option to toggle.

Please consider asking for feedback in the app and your users would give you helpful feedback.

12 Likes