UI Overhaul

:r: 7.0 They messed up everything, the graphics were better than before. Now it is difficult to find the money saver… and also, they removed the widget! :r: instead of messing in the app, put a dark mode. :tired_face: N26 implemented Dark Mode yesterday.

6 Likes

There is so much added whitespace and other poorly placed elements on the “transactions page”, that I feel sad for whoever decided that this was a good idea. It feels like the app has become even less user-friendly and more confusing for each update. It used to be really good when I signed up, and even for quite some time after that.

Just see how much of the screen real estate that has been wasted! (My red boxes indicates the main waste in my opinion, but more can be improved)

10 Likes

Totally agree.
The app should be built around transactions but look at this, on the main page you see only 1 transaction they hide the rest behind a click despite the fact that there is plenty of unsused space on the page. Doesnt make any sense from user point of view.
It had a really usefull analytics screen and with the update they removed the possibility to check your spending by currency, now everything is in the base currency. Doesnt make any sense again!!

8 Likes

I prefer the previous version with all the transactions and the graph on the 1st page. So, without an effort, I can see how much I can still spend and the evolution of my spendings…

It seems to me that Revolut tried to use the UI of N26 (at least an UI it seems I have seen last year) by showing the different accounts you have on the 1st page. However, it makes more sense with N26 as accounts seem to be more boxes to spilt your money (space for vacation spending, house spending, etc…) than real accounts. Plus, I don’t think Revolut users have this many accounts to justify the current UI focused on accounts than transactions. Even the evolution of the spending with the graph is kind of hidden.

Which annoys me the most is the detail page of a transaction. Previously, it was easy to change categories and add notes to it, now you need to scroll down a lot to add a note. They focus more on the geolocalization of the purchase (which can be wrong most of the time as you don’t turn on the GPS all the time) and on the card details (I think Revolut users has mostly 1 card, not too much confusion on which Revolut card was used to do this particular transaction)…

5 Likes

Prefer the old layout too. The new version is too bitty for me. Same comments from my friends who use Revolut and don’t post here.

5 Likes

New UI is better for people like me that buy Stocks, Crypto and Gold on a daily basis. Much prefered and everything is streamlined and clean. Easier to see all your assets and net worth as well as keep track of overall growth.

The graph was complete trash anyways so its good its gone. Analytics on spending are now 10x better because you can set the dates and sort by time period.

Overall big improvement, too bad some don’t like change even if it’s for the better.

1 Like

All in all the wealth page is not that bad but as with transactions: You only see three transactions, then you have to scroll up again to click “Show all” and then scroll down again to see the rest. I can´t see any improvment there.

And for the graph: I prefered the old one and don´t mind if anyone wants or likes the new graph more than the old one. But why on earth didn´t they simply add a switch (radio button) on preferences to choose which one we want to see? I don´t like the new one, neither the weekly nor the monthly and most of all I hate to answer the question with which day of the week or date of the month I want to start with everytime I try to change from weekly to monthly. And I would like to have the coloured percentage rings back in the Android version.

2 Likes

You could sort by time period before too.

How can I see how much I have spent in USD and EUR? Any idea about this?

1 Like

I hate it. There’s loads of great features like country spending graphs that are gone now. Also, it’s confusing as hell to switch between accounts and it hides transactions which I don’t understand.

1 Like

Probably already stated in the many, many comments but please, half my screen is wasted on junk ie refer a friend & rewards. I’d prefer to see more useful information eg my currencies, longer list of recent transactions or even a few selected FX rates. Please listen to the feedback and correct on next update.

5 Likes

I think they have to provide this by law. I can’t find it either

You can generate statements from within the app, for each currency. Can’t remember where though

There are 3 ways to do that. From Home, when a currency is selected via “•••”. From Home via account details (round country icon), and from Profile, Settings, Account Details.

1 Like

Surely with a little more effort the UI designers could have made it a little more complicated.

Will any of the messages being posted here lead to any sort of rethink?

1 Like

It takes you to the ‘Analytics’ section, but regardless of the currency account chosen on the Home screen it always initially shows ‘All accounts’ and all amounts are shown in the base currency (GBP) even if I switch to the Euro account. Am I doing something wrong?

Correction: It actually won’t even let me select Euro account. There are only 2 options: ‘All accounts’ and ‘Revolut’.

You’re right… I doesn’t do what it say on the tin! I’ll delete my answer as its rubbish :unamused:

Maybe to some extent yes… Now I see 3 transactions on the Home screen where it was only 1 shown previously! :slight_smile:
Still, a quite large empty area below those transactions, unused…

1 Like

The application was never so bad seriously… even in 2016 I didn’t have this frustration as now … it used to be my fav app on my phone… Hello is anyone hear our concerns???

5 Likes

Revolut just lost me lately as it’s evangelist because of the latest UI/UX changes. From years I advice my friends to use Revolut by showing them how fast and easy is to send money. Recently when I’ve installed new app version on friends phone I couldn’t do it. At least one or two “clicks” were added to the process. And by trying to figure it out I’ve made mistake and generated payment link instead of sending money. I think that says a lot and I didn’t show my friend how easy it is. Revolut “thinks” it’s popular because of it’s functions but what I belive it’s at least 50% / 50% UI/UX which is getting destroyed by every latest update.

5 Likes