Trading for standard users?

Not much changed!!
Just for Metal subscription there is no limit on trade counts per month…
Premium stayed same - 8 trades and Standard is 3 trades.
Personally liked it for a time beeing, till i saw 212trading…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to keep track of the total amount spent on transaction commissions (€1) on the Trading view?
The question comes because I noticed that my Trading summary: +/- dollars and +/- % does not include money spent on transaction commissions (of €1), so effectively is a Gross gain/loss, which is the right thing to do IMO.
If I want to see the Net gain/loss as well or simply the accumulation of money spent on transaction commissions, it would be convenient to see this on the Trading view too.
How are you keeping track of this?

6 Likes

Any luck updating the contact details?

I did not want to be a pain in the ass so I waited 3 months before asking support again. The answer was the same. For some reason they cannot update such a basic thing. I am shocked.

None man, sorry I did not get to you earlier. I managed to get my last name updated since it had a typo, but the address change is still the same, got the same answer, look like a tech limitation at the moment.

Let’s try again in a few months,

Cheers,

Hi guys,

I’m a standard user and I have created investment account. Unfortunately, I’m unable to fund anything - the fund button is disabled and I have funds in my revolut account. I’m able to see the investment account with USD but it shows 0 funds and I can’t fund it.

Do you know what might the issue?

First you create a USD wallet and exchange your ideal amount into it, after that you fund the investment account from your USD wallet.

I wonder if anyone can help with the following:

I got a notification on my phone from revolut to advise the share price of a company had risen. I went into the app to sell the shares I had, and on 3 occasions, it said “declined”. I have tried to go back into the app but my shareholding is no longer visible. When I check tranactions it says TRADE and then reverted.

I am new to this so wonder if anyone can advise?

Thanks

You have to discuss this with the in-app chat support!

1 Like

How do you buy a fractional share?

You simply set an amount when buying

Got the same issue with BEP, and shareholders should be getting new BEPC - how will revolut provide these if it doesn’t trade BEPC?

It will not, you will have to sell/buy OTC

Can you confirm that your Apple shares have been split into your account?

EU stock trading and Brexit email.

As you know, the UK will formally leave the EU after 31 December 2020. As a result, our trading company, Revolut Trading Limited (RTL), will no longer be able to passport its services across the EEA from 1 January 2021, as an appointed representative of its UK principal firm (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.)

This means that RTL will no longer be authorised on behalf of its principal firm to advertise, promote or otherwise provide the trading service to you under EU law after this date. You can, however, choose to continue trading with RTL from 1 January 2021 if you are comfortable with how the following changes affect you, so please do read on.

How will Brexit affect me?

Regulatory Protection - You will no longer have the benefit of EU regulatory protection but you will continue to benefit from UK consumer protection laws or regulations that may apply to the trading service.

Compensation Schemes - Don’t worry, your investments will continue to be held by DriveWealth LLC and protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) in the US.

Right to Complain - Depending on the circumstances of your complaint, you may not be able to refer your complaint to the UK’s Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) but we’ll still do our best to put things right if you’re unhappy with any aspect of the trading service.

RTL will continue to operate as an appointed representative of its UK principal firm, and will continue to adhere to the high standards set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the UK Regulator. Rest assured that the investments you’ve made via the Revolut App will continue to be kept safe and secure after 31 December 2020.

What do I need to do?

You have until 31 December 2020 to decide what to do next. We will continue to update you via the Revolut App, email and our Help centre page with relevant information.

You have two choices:

Choice 1 : To continue Trading with RTL, from early November you can download the latest version of the Revolut App and confirm via the Revolut App that from 1 January 2021:

• You are trading with RTL at your own initiative

• You are trading with RTL on the basis of an ongoing relationship

• You have been made aware that the trading service is not provided by an investment entity authorised in the EU

• You are aware that you do not have the benefit of any EU regulatory protections or investor compensation schemes by Trading with RTL

OR

Choice 2 : You can sell down your positions, transfer your cash from your investment wallet into your payments wallet and then close your trading account by 31 December 2020, should you no longer wish to continue trading with RTL after this date. Normal fees and charges will apply.

There may be tax implications for you if you have to sell down your positions before closing your account, so you should seek independent tax advice regarding this.

If you do nothing before January 1st 2021

As of 1 January 2021, you will not be able to access the trading service - either to continue trading or to close your account - unless you give the required confirmation via the latest Revolut App.

Our Future Plan

We are currently applying for a licence in Ireland which will enable us to provide investment services across the EEA in 2021. We will keep you informed on its progress.

Financial Conduct Authority

If you have any questions about how Brexit could affect your financial protections please contact the FCA on +44 207 066 1000 or email them at consumer.queries@fca.org.uk

Revolut App

Please ensure that you always have the latest version of the Revolut App downloaded so that you can receive important updates to the trading service.

Regardless of what is happening in the world, we remain committed to providing you the same great trading service allowing you to invest in over 800 US stocks from as little as $1, commission-free within your monthly allowance!

We hope you continue to use the trading service from RTL. We will continue to update you via the Revolut App, email and our Help centre page, so stay tuned for more updates between now and 31 December, 2020.

Thanks,
Team Revolut.

Capital at Risk.

The value of a stock may fall as well as rise and you may get back less than what you initially paid, and in some cases the stock may lose its entire value. This is not investment advice. It is strongly recommended that you seek professional investment advice before making any investment decision.

2 Likes

Hey Revolut community,
So what does the new Brexit law mean for Revolut traders. What will practically change? Is it still possible to trade, will there be changes on the commissions and stocks added?

Thanks everyone.

Hello :r: community,
Im Europe citizen(non uk) and i still got this email. In account settings i noticed i have non uk IBAN. So does this message affects me (as investor)? Or its send to all users regardless of location?

Thanks in advance

It’s only relevant to customers outside UK. That’s what it’s about: the legal circumstances for users that aren’t UK residents changes.

ok let’s rephrase:

Does country associated with revolut IBAN number does trading or by default all trading goes through UK?

Trading is not really related to other services Revolut offers. There are UK and US entities involved. Brexit doesn’t change that. Only the legal situation for customers that aren’t UK residents changes when they decide to keep trading. If you’ve got further questions, can you maybe be more specific about what detail you’re not understanding in the email?