The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

Hi :slight_smile:

Are there any free ATM in Mallorca? (VISA)

best regards

Spain: Deutsch Bank and BankInter still free for Revolut MC (Apr 19)
Cajamar started charging ā‚¬1.85 unfortunately.

US: None of the bank listed are free in NYC (Mar 19)

Turkey without a fee (april 2019)
Ziraat Bank (doesnā€™t even offer DCC)
Akbank

I have Mastercard

Hong Kong: HSBC and Hang Seng no fee (MC) as of Jan 2019
Taiwan: Bank of Taiwan no fee (MC) as of Dec 2019

None should offer DCC as MasterCard changed their rules for acquirers globally requiring them to stop offering DCC for prepaid MasterCardā€™s

1 Like

Well, I tried like 7+ others and all of them did (Akbank, QNB Finansbank, ING, DenizBank, GarantiParamatik, HSBC, VakifBank).
I found interesting that some offered DCC into pounds while others wanted to convert to/from Euro.

Report it to Revolut and ask them to forward that to MasterCard,or directly send it to them.

1 Like

Switzerland:

• BCF (banque cantonale de Fribourg). 4th of May, I got 2chf fees for withdrawing 100chf with MC. I donā€™t know if it is 2chf per withdraw or 2%ā€¦
    So for sure all atm in CH are not free (anymore), please modify the list for other futur users :wink:
    Thx

EDIT: my bad, itā€™s because Iā€™ve reached the 200chf monthly limit. So forget my message. Sorry guys.

Maybe you just got over your free limit of 200 CHF per month?

1 Like

Banca March (Telebanco), Spain (Mallorca), VISA, as of 05.05.2019 = no fee

Hey Gabriel,

Well, damn, Iā€™m sorry and you were right, itā€™s because of the atm limit. Sorry about that.
I made a mistake because the end of month for me is 8th and not 30-31ā€¦

Thanks for your remark.

No problem :wink:

Post must be at least 20 characters

Hey, today I tried to withdraw from ATM Moneta in the Czech Republicā€¦ I read everywhere that to pay the fee. Today I chose 200 CZK without the fee.

1 Like

Hello

Iā€™m in South America with a visa and a MC revolut basic, my investigation :

Chile : no fee with Scotiabank (but fees ā€œScotiabank azulā€) (visa et MC)

Argentina : prefer ATM of ā€œlinkā€ network but cash is a very big problem for foreigner in this country maybe the best solution is a western union to yourself via bank transfer

Uruguay : no fee at Banco de la RepĆŗblica Uruguay with visa only (with MC prefer ā€œRedBROUā€ network)

Regards
Romain

I can confirm that in Spain (Valencia), Cajamar and BBVA ATMs are charging, and Bankinter isnā€™t. At least about a week ago :). Too bad I didnā€™t know this list at the time.
I got extra burned by BBVA. The ATM said ā€œweā€™re going to charge you 1.85 euros, is that OK?ā€, I said no, but the amount was still locked. I took out cash at the next ATM, which I think was Cajamar, but by adding the previous amount from BBVA (which hadnā€™t been canceled), I had gone over the Revolut monthly withdrawal limit, so Revolut slapped me an extra fee on the last withdrawal. Not sure if thatā€™s standard or just BBVA being ā€˜extra niceā€™ā€¦

Yeah, thatā€™s really annoying. You cancel the transaction but the payment goes through as Pending anyway, and you have to wait for it to revert until your balance is cleared.

Spain and Greece seem to be equally bad these days. I was in Valencia last weekend and it was a struggle to find any ATM that did not charge. I ended up taking a hit on Bankia when I needed some cash quickly as the charge was EUR 1.75, while others had been asking EUR 2.50 or even more.

I know I should have planned it better by scoping out the DB and BankInter ATMs once I arrived in the city but when you take a city break you have lots of other things to think about.

Unfortunately in Greece only Attika Bank does not apply any fee at you withdrawal, although there are not many ATMs of that bank, so you will probably be charged 2,50-3,00ā‚¬ per transaction with the rest of the Banks.

1 Like

Any information about the Netherlands?

@Pangolin and @phormion,
Iā€™m heading to Valencia so except Bankinter, is there another fee-free ATMs?

@Vebaev Apparently Deutsche Bank are also fee-free, if you can find them!