The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

In Netherlands, the ATM company “Geldmaat” charged me 2€ commission on a 100€ withdraw, made with a Metal card on 2nd of November. Being Geldmaat a cooperation between ABN AMRO, ING and Rabobank, you should remove from the Excel file these 3 banks.

3 Likes

Yes, it works in Mongolia. I travel there frequently. However, sometimes it doesn’t work, so don’t count on it. As to the why, i am not sure. I’ve been to a certain coffee place (Tom Toms) where it always used to work. Then suddenly 1 day it didn’t. Later i found out that they need to scan it 1st, then use the chip for it to work. If they directly go to the chip, it doesn’t work. Odd, but hey, i can now drink my coffee there again.

2 Likes

At the moment Im in Ecuador specifically along the coastline from South to North.
Im with Revolut Visa
One bank - and one + of fee free bank ATMs on dropbox list.
There are NO any atm or office of Banco Internacional at all along the coast, they are only in the inner countryside. So I couldn’t try their ATMs (as long as this bank is given on ‘white’ list)
JEP cajero is no more fee free as stated on the list, they ask $4~ (cant remember the exact amount, but is $4+). In addition card slots on some ATMs in Ecuador are not as the usual we used to, but you need to put the card with long side ahead to the slot. I put mine, and atm swallowed it, so i have to go on the other day to the head office to receive it back. Thankfully my hosts helped me to sort out all this mess, because my Spanish is too bad, and their English is non existing.
When they gave me back my card showed me how to put it, I tried to withdraw and was badly surprised with the above mentioned fee of $4+
Happily there in Salinas they have Banco Austro office and ATM and I successfully and fee free withdrew needed amount.
Going North in Montanita - there is no any Banco Austro atm at all. So I started to try every atm there.
Surprisingly Banco Bolivariano atm did not add any fee. So you need to move it from bad ‘red’ list, to good ‘white’ list.

The good point to all bank atms in Ecuador is that if they put a fee, it is clearly marked BEFORE transaction so no surprises here.
There is one more bank atm here in Montanita
Banco CPN Banco Cooperativa Policia Nacional, which is ‘not great not bad’ as they charge just 1% + $0.35 fee which would be just $1.35 for a hundred. Comparing to JEP, Banco Pacifico and other with $4+ fee I think is better, if there is no other fee free atm around.

4 Likes

In Austria today, tried many cash machines - all charge a fee between €2-4, except for BAWAG P.S.K, which was free to withdraw!

Would recommend going to BAWAG if you need cash in Austria!

3 Likes

USA, Chicago. PNC bank, VISA Revolut - usd 3.75 fee

2 Likes

Would you please update the given list with any new info recently put here by the users as the data in the list is too much outdated yet now in 2022 ? Otherwise this list starting get useless, and even more bad - misleading.

@Wilks the person to who your request should be addressed hasn’t posted here since Jan 2020.
Is this a task you’d like to do if you have the time?

This is the situation I was referring to back then when users wanted an ATM finder feature in the app. I don’t think it’s fair to label a community provided list as misleading, but if such a list would be provided by Revolut, it’s more tricky.

Revolut did add this feature years ago, though. It doesn’t always list all ATMs, I have no idea what their data source is. But what the app also does is: it indicates potential fees. Since there is no database to look this up, they might facilitate transaction data: when a customer withdraws 103 USD, for example, it’s a fair bet that there was a 3 USD fee. But no app or list can be super reliable.

1 Like

I didn’t know that this man is inactive last two years. Sorry to hear this.
As for your offer - I would love to. Unfortunately at this time it is impossible to me too.
If I manage to compile a new list with the updated by other users info, I will send it to you. Cheers

2 Likes

ITALY
Unicredito 3 EUR for all Revolut Withrow

PNB warning for 3 EUR fee if curency on card is not EUR (working fine)

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA! OMG I kinda helped the Metal card in one of their machines in Jaipur and it got confused so tried to let the card out. Wasn’t happening so I was trying to help it by pulling it out standing in all different positions until the cameras picked me up and security spoke over the speakers. They done something to release it but at the same time I pulled it out!
On another note one of their machines on the same night about to dispense 10k but suddenly went offline! Machine restarted but no cash! Case is still ongoing.

1 Like

Agram bank is free in Croatia.

2 Likes

Finally found a new bank in Spain that doesn’t charge! As of Dec 22, BancoMarch

1 Like

What card did you withdraw money from?
In the sheet I have information from 2019 that Visa is free and MC with a fee of EUR 1.80

2 Likes

Japan. AEON bank ATM at any AEON mall, no fees for Revolut Mastercard

3 Likes

Maybank Malaysia - confirmed no fees.

ANZ New Zealand - NZD$3
Kiwibank New Zealand - NZD$5

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chile Atm’s with no fees?

Romania - Banca Transylvania, no fees
India - State Bank of India, no fees
Japan - Post Bank, does indeed work with Revolut Visa debit, 220 JPY fee

All as of January 2023

3 Likes

Hi @juliusc17 :wave: ,

Welcome to our community :heart:

Thanks for the list :smiley:

SG | Community Team

3 Likes

Hi Alex, is it asking for fees in Banco do Brasil or Santander (VISA and MC) ?

1 Like