Revolut will start blocking jalbroken/rooted devices

7.42.2 shows for me. Not installed. Waiting for “green light” from others.

2 Likes

PITA. I am not going to unroot my phone so I have to use an older, I guess less secure, version of the application to be able to use Revolut. Brilliant work Revolut, driving people to use riskier older software :clap:

How about do what KBC do and just provide a warning message that has to be acknowledged before being allowed to use the app?

I’ve got one other banking app that abandoned this no-root approach in the last year in favour of giving the user a warning message and allowing them to proceed at their own caution.

4 Likes

Updated to 7.44 with no issues but I see that v.8 is out. When I read ‘better experience’ I get nervous! :joy:
anyone with root updated to 8?

1 Like

I just tried V8, yesssss! It works again

1 Like

on a rooted android?

2 Likes

Updated from 7.39.1 to 8.0.1 on non-rooted LineageOS 16 (unlocked bootloader) - works fine.

1 Like

leapt and updated, working fine so far

1 Like

8.1.2 working fine with root android 7

1 Like

fyi, all recent versions from apkmirror working fine with root (android 7)

1 Like

Any idea how we can possibly add the business version also to the apkmirror? must we request directly to revolut?

2 Likes

how about we dont conform to planned obsolescence? honestly, how can you just accept this as normal? dont you think these parts of culture/society deserves some scrutiny?

i think it’s safe to assume most people are really this clueless. if this person knew about file-at-rest they would know that it’s supposed to be a minimum standard of having a quality app. this is a banking app, not candy crush, for petes sake

i’m on oneplus two (a2003) lineageos17 no root no microg and it works for me. installed through aurora. ive only used the app for less than a day though, so this may just change still.

boy am i glad i found this thread before seriously comitting to revolut. i know that pain

1 Like

Exactly this, please make it a warning that can be dismissed but don’t block us without choice!

2 Likes

alert… latest 8.13.4 doesn’t work on my rooted S6 (native), had to uninstall and go back to 8.12.1 which works fine.

1 Like

had enough, moving to Trading212 who do not having an issue with rooted devices. adios

1 Like

If you have magisk (95% people with rooted phone has) just use magiskhide on revolut and boom…

2 Likes

I am using the latest working version for unlocked devices but a few days ago Revolut said that I cannot trade - sell my shares without updating to the latest one. I guess that they have not come to their senses and it still will not work on my phone. So to put it shortly, I cannot currently manage or withdraw my money without getting a new phone. That’s too much. Can they give one good reason for this? No.
Please advise of good alternatives - Curve + some app for trading?

2 Likes

hello guys i need help my account is stolen please someone tell me how to contact revolut team becouse when i try from the app i cant reach them my number is changed dont know how they do it please help :slight_smile:

Head over to Twitter as soon as possible. (Revolut doesn’t provide customer support here.)

3 Likes

Even worse than root blocking app on Android is the fact that now they are blocking all devices not passing Safetynet (rooted or not…) to even download the app from Play Store!
It doesn’t show if you search for it from inside Play Store and shlw your device as “no more supported” if you try to search for it from outside or to simply update your version…

This is really bad since this could lead users to try to download app from untrusted sources (who said Aptoide?) with consequences you can imagine…
More, they don’t provide a trusted link either on their website, since badges follow to Play Store again… :confused:

This is a veery bad idea. Please reconsider it.

P.S.: a trained user is anyway able to avoid any security issue with rooted device, to get from a trusted source, install and make app working on a rooted device, so, what’s the point other than make users unhappy?

4 Likes