Revolut will start blocking jalbroken/rooted devices

updated to latest 7.35.2, no problems

2 Likes

The latest app still does not allow jailbroken devices. I’m unable to access my funds anymore. I wanted to buy a new phone to install the Revolut app on it but it’s impossible to pay for it without the Revolut app (3D-Secure). I wanted to cancel the Revolut account for this reason but the support told me that I need to first transfer my funds elsewhere and for that I need the app. Catch 22.

1 Like

You can use your cards to withdraw or transfer your funds. Then you can close it.

1 Like

Is it version 7.36 ? Can anyone else confirm also?

For online payments above 250 EUR using cards, 3D-Secure is required by EU regulation, and Revolut’s 3D-Secure allows approving the payment through the Revolut app only.

1 Like

Yes, it was 7.36. In the meantime today Revolut released 7.37 which doesn’t allow jailbroken devices as well.

Ok, I must correct myself. It’s possible to get to the account temporarily/one time. I removed the app for good with all its data stored in iCloud (Setting->General->iPad Storage->Revolut->Delete), installed again (7.37) and it works now. I got in. I went to another app and when I opened back Revolut I was stopped on the Jailbroken screen again.

1 Like

I’ve 7.36 (Play) working fine on rooted android 7

edit: just checked Play store and Revolut has disappeared from my list of installed apps. what are they at? back to apkmirror it seems for next stable release

I disagree with this bad idea of revolut to block rooted devices, if they will block us rooted I will switch to another service, I hope revolut reconsider this failing idea.

4 Likes

I updated from 7.32 to 7.37 on non-rooted LineageOS 16 (unlocked bootloader), works fine.

2 Likes

Does jailbreak detection tweaks work with Revolut? I used UnSub and JailProtect with my old bank and it worked well.

anyone with root successfully upgrade to 38.2?

no idea what was upgraded since we aren’t supplied with a logical change log.

Updated from 7.37 to 7.38.2 on non-rooted LineageOS 16 (unlocked bootloader), app works.

2 Likes

v7.39.1 works on a rooted (Magisk) custom rom, with no safety-net (due to custom rom checksum). No active root hiding (which is good since it doesn’t make things any secure).

2 Likes

thanks, just updated to 39.1 via apkmirror and all good

1 Like

Updated also to 7.39.1 on non-rooted LineageOS 16 (unlocked bootloader), app works fine.

1 Like

After reading through this thread, I’m a bit confused what the issue is. I’ve been running 7.30.3 and got a new phone a few weeks ago, and restored this version to my new device (OnePlus Nord, Lineage 17.1). Today, upgraded to 7.39.1 without any issues (as far as I know).
My phone is OEM Unlocked, and rooted, but Safetynet.
So which is the “limiting” factor that causes Revolut not to run ? Or have they quietly reconsidered this decision ?

Since the app works for you and you are rooted, but have Safetynet, I’d say Revolut checks for Safetynet presence.

1 Like

7.41.2 shows in playstore. Anyone tried?

neither recent two updates available on play store for me. not chancing updating unless there’s a critical update