Revolut Premium

Is the card that is shipped now then a debit card or still prepaid?

I have no idea. Iā€™m waiting for mine and expect it to have a different BIN which will be debit. We should know by the end of the week!

3 Likes

You think the switch to Wirecard is just a short stopover?

1 Like

Nothing is 100% precise but I strongly believe that Wirecard is short stopover, mostly to skip the long wait to the Swiss users I think!

In my opinion the process is split into 3 parts. Iā€™ve got no insight into the actual process, so I could be wrong here.

PaySafe (Previous supplier): Revolut starting out.

WireCard (Incoming supplier): As @korolija said, a stop-gap solution. Mainly used for expanding to new countries (Within the EU, but outside the Eurozone.), and for Apple Pay.

Revolut (As a MasterCard Principal Member, able to issue its own non- pre-paid debit cards): Coming soon.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Would it be possible to get rid of charge for USD debit card top-up for premium users? It would really encourage me to pay for a premium account.

Cheers,
Pawel

1 Like

I have just ordered MaserCard, and it is issued by PaySafeā€¦

The new cards (Premium) are issued by WireCard.

I expect it to be a phased process where normal cards will be eventually issued by WireCard as well.

1 Like

Wouldnt be surprised if they keep both so they dont rely on a single providerā€¦ until then get rid of them to handle it themselves internally.

Yes card shows in app with numbers - on itā€™s way to me now, will receive today!

I do not use Apple Pay - Iā€™m on Android!

Which card did you pick?

1 Like

Can you give us the first 6 digits to check the card issuer and itā€™s type? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Card is a United Kingdom Unembossed Prepaid Student Card without a bank affiliation.

Another site says
Issuing Bank WIRECARD CARD SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Card Brand MASTERCARD
Card Type CREDIT
Card Level PREPAID GENERAL SPEND

My understanding is that only BANKS can offer full debit cards and Revolut does not currently have or want a banking license.

I chose the pink and black mix!

3 Likes

Black-and-silver one on the way.

1 Like

Same here

It is a prepaid card unfortunately as Curve and Uber does not recognize the card. Lets hope that will change soonšŸ˜.

1 Like

Woohoo! My Premium Card numbers also updated in app this PM with the physical card due to leave tomorrow.

Better late than never!

Does anyone know if this BIN number means it will work offline?

Uber and UberEATS works fine with the Revolut card for me.

2 Likes

For reference - black/silver card with BIN 535298, tried adding it to Apple Pay for fun but no luck (standard unsupported card error message).

1 Like

Today I saw that the Euro IBAN account is available. I can now make straight a payment to the IBAN from my bank

3 Likes

Really ? I donā€™t see that on my app :frowning:

1 Like