Revolut Metal, Is it worth it ?

I’d give this topic a scan too if you haven’t already - How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

I cancelled my metal, again this morning I tried to use it and the contactless wouldn’t work. In the ~1 month I’ve used it:

• Help was no better than the free account - they claim it to be priority - I was told false information about downgrading and it took ages to get someone to respond through the chat in the app
  • Not being a real debit card it didn’t work on recent flights (British Airways)
  • Contactless often doesn’t work and in the same store it’ll work the next day
  • Concierge is worthless, better offerings from existing cards like yourself
  • 1 “free” lounge pass and then it’s more expensive compared to going direct or cheaper to buy through Amex lounge club. - The ad I read didn’t suggest it was 1 free and no discount.
  • In this month there’s been two separate occasions they’ve had technical issues where payments would fail and the app was broken - I’m not including the times I believe it was just contactless

When contactless failed I didn’t resort to pin, I just used another card. In fact including the flights I always used my Amex. People usually assume this is accepted in far less places but it’s proved to be more reliable .

The cashback etc doesn’t outweigh the annoyances I’ve had trying to use it on a daily basis. I suspect I’ll leave my account to die. I did downgrade to the free account.

3 Likes