Revolut Device Insurance Feedback.

I hope i don’t have to test it myself.

1 Like

Update:
I received a call from simple insurance today, lots of apologies and offering to return my phone at last!!
They requested I send them an invoice as soon as I have the phone repaired and promised that I will be refunded.
I just want my phone back and not really bothered about anything else.
I will update again as soon as my phone is returned back to me, if it ever will.

So it’s a fraud and scam! You were right :smile:

Glad you will get it back.

Well to be fair nothing really happened just yet. It’s just a call and that refund might not come for months if at all.

Not to mention that insurance company can’t handle a simple cracked screen replacement does not say anything good about them.

Well, as I said before, a coin has two sides. You choose to see the one side. In my opinion there’s some progress here (plus drama :wink: ). Regarding the cracked screen, you cannot be sure what the issue is without proof. You simply rely on the person’s opinion because it simply makes Revolut look bad

Cracked screen is a pretty straightforward concept to imagine and regardless of which side of the coin you want to look at it doesn’t look good for this insurance handling this case so poorly.

P.S. It doesn’t even matter what happened to the phone. Insurance has to either repair it it or replace it with a device of same type and quality.

1 Like

Update:
My cracked phone was delivered to me today
Firstly, I want to thank everyone in this community for their contributions and support as it truly did help a lot. I accept all apologies from both revolut and simple insurance, I was asked to send the invoice for repairs after I have don’t it myself and I will be reimbursed but the truth is, I won’t be too bothered from here on.
Communication broke down along the way, it all started to get extremely shady and the customer services was the poorest I have ever seen. Now that I have my phone back with me, everything else is sprinkles on a sundae.
I hope they treat customers better and with more clarity!!!

2 Likes

And, still, somehow…

EDIT: not trying to sound harsh or revengeful, seriously :heart:

5 Likes

Can you explain the refusal to replace a screen then?

The phone was bought in Dec. This is the crack that became irreparable. just for clarity!image

2 Likes

Looks like a normal crack to me.

2 Likes

LOL LOL LOL

Can you share a full photo of the device?

Finally they made the whole team searching as prio one for the device…and found it. NOW and suddnly they were able to send it back :+1:t5::smile::cat2:
Just a normal day in a service contractor‘s office

1 Like

As mentioned to that post: I would like to clarify that according to the agreement we have in place with this user (https://www.revolut.com/terms 5), his account has been closed for violating our Terms and Conditions. Rest assured, all the remaining funds have been returned to the customer and the matter has been dealt with independently between the parties.

It’s important to mention that the account has not been suspended because of pointing out a hidden fees or its premium status (upgrade or downgrade), as this previously explained via in-app chat.

This was a compliance decision and irreversible. However, not related to how he presented the case.

No man. They just did their job. It’s really upsetting when a few people here they only encouraging negativity against Revolut.

Yeah, not good.

And why was he banned from the forum? What community guideline did he violate? Making :r: uncomfortable? Frankly disappointing from you.

Also, I’m responsible to provide the right information when a post is really misleading. However, for security reasons and following AML regulations we cannot discuss this further with you.

I hope you understand my position.

Really sorry you feel that way. However, I’ve explained this before.

Revolut is absolute right here! You need to understand that for security reasons they are not able/authorised to provide more info. Imagine if the guy was a fraudster. It’s easy to build a case showing/providing misleading information just to get empathy. Working for a bank this is a really common fraudster behaviour and I’m glad Revolut acts like this!

1 Like

Thanks for your understanding. Much appreciated.

1 Like