Revolut Device Insurance Feedback.

I’m just saying how my experience was. I think anyone has rights to express or disagree with statements like “fraud” & “scam”, when my experience was truly amazing.

1 Like

It’s possible, but it seems not what most have experienced.

1 Like

So does it mean i’m paying for insurance to potentially just waste my time one day?

Or to be potentially surprised for good :wink:

Chances of that look slim.

This is a screenshot of the email asking me to buy a new phone! Please do not come to this forum misleading others and trying to sugar coat the definition of a scam! Check the dictionary meaning of the word fraud before you try to teach others what it means and when to use it.
Revolut should take some responsibility too for misleading customers into the hands of fraudsters posing as an insurance company!!!
I will give a few days for my phone to be returned as advised and then if i don’t get it, I will explore every legal action possible.
There is no need to pretend that this is not hurtful because it is and although the insurance was cost effective initially, I have now spent more than twice that on medication for headache.
Revolut insurance provider is a SCAM!!!

While all this complaints and drama was going on, Revolut tried to become evasive and cancelled my insurance without reason or notification. Do not use revolut phone insurance for anything, it is a SCAM and they are defrauding innocent and vulnerable people!!!

I would like to inform you that we have not canceled your insurance. In fact your insurance has been automatically cancelled when you did your claim.

please help me ask him, everything is shady and fraudulent. no clarity!!! everyone just posting on impulse!
I have had phones insured before and this is a nightmare of an experience!
I am happy to forfeit all my money including upfront costs but I want my phone back!!
I just want my phone back!!! It is a new phone and it was a simple crack!

Well this is how insurances work. It’s no longer active if you proceed with a claim. Which means then you have to pay excess to finalise the process.

1 Like

Replacing a cracked screen is a standard procedure for iPhone 8, this is a joke of an insurance.

1 Like

Maybe this is how only Revolut works but I have paid the excess, No phone repair or replacement, all my money lost and no return of my phone either!!! come on…

Really sorry to hear that @onowanoriabure. However, as I can our support agent has already responded to your query, escalating this to the right person and waiting for an update.

Hi
Did you take a picture of that „simple crack“ before packing and sending?

I‘ve been working 16 yrs for Vodafone which also still offers insurances, and am really aware how „creative“ a crack can be described - by both sides :wink:

So my advice: Always create a complete protocol of the problem, take a picture, and to make it perfect: let a witness sign it too.

Sorry for that.

1 Like

I didn’t take the picture of the cracked screen. To be honest I was hoping this whole process of phone insurance would be normal and smooth. Who foresees such stress in a simple situation? I have been with revolut since they started day one and never had a problem with them. This insurance situation is the first!
It is a very unfortunate situation i have now found myself.

Just speaking with my yearlong experience:
The Service Provider of Simple Insurance in Lithuania “simply” lost your phone. That’s why they insist on NOT sending it back to you. Nothing unusual. Just masking a professional leak.

Maybe for future questions and problems it would be nice if Revolut @AndreasK “invites” Simple Insurance and Allianz Global to take part in this community. Could increase enormously the trust in their product. Well, just a suggestion.

closed

Let’s call this speculations (even with yearlong experience), as that’s what it is for now :wink:

@Juliopp
You are always here in this community a great source of knowledge, a phantastic help and sensitive mediator. But in this specific case I was working on hundreds of these problems… and as you as a cat are having seven lives, I have a seventh sense for insurance problems :wink:
All the best.

1 Like

IMHO insurance company and scam always belong in the same sentence. Just 2 that cannot be avoided, house, because the loss would be ruinous and motor, because its a legal requirement. For almost all other cases self insurance makes more sense. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Lol! Whatever.

As coin has two sides. My experience with Revolut and Simplesurance was truly amazing.