Revolut cards are back in Switzerland 🇨🇭💳

Not from your local convenience store or supermarket chain though, is it?

Man who gives? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

twenty

yes you are right - i bought one Visa from “Spar” supermarket but cannot be activated in gpay unfortunately…
It has an UK Bin but it seems they can somehow block those cards when not being in a officially launched country from GPay.
The only card which works is a Mastercard which i got on an Airport and has UK Bin. But that card expires soon :frowning:

Since you are already an Revolut-User you can just order the type you would like anyway, or?

Hi everyone, maybe there is already a response to what I’m going to ask, although I didn’t find one when I searched.

I want to send money from Switzerland (I can load CHF to Revolut from my Swiss credit card) and send it to my Euro bank account in Greece. Do you know what charges will be involved?

Thanks in advance

It all depends if you have a permanent address in Switzerland which your account is registered to.

If it is so, you could top up your account with a Swiss card without fees from Revolut. But quite a few card issuers will charge you as they see the transaction similar to cash advance or cash withdrawals. There is a separate thread about top up possibilities, search for Switzerland.

What works without fees is a local bank transfer from a Swiss account to the collection account with CS. You should see these details within your CHF account in the Revolut app including the reference you have to enter with your transfer.

Paying EUR to an account within the EUR area is a SEPA transfer which should not have any cost attached on Revolut side. The incoming fees might not be zero on your Greece account but it would be the same for any incoming transfer through SEPA.

If you’re not a resident of Switzerland, transfer to your account will not be free in any way from within Switzerland. Either it incurs charges on the card side or its a wire transfer to your GB IBAN.

FX from CHF to EUR is free up to 6k per month if you’re in the standard plan, premium accounts don’t have that limit.

Then you just take the Transferwise route also described in the top up thread :wink:

Good to know!
In this context, I have an important question: I have a Swiss revolut account, I made a transfer to my account (GDP), from UK, but the money - some thousands of pounds, did not arrive. I have all the transaction details from the sender. What can I do now?
thanks, Vital

Are you sure that the sender used the reference number?
As a Swiss resident you don’t have a personal GBP account only a collection account.
Anyway you will have to contact the support:
Dashboard -> speech bubble with question mark at the top -> scroll down “new chat” -> send you query and then “live agent” so the agent can start once they are connected.

With a Swiss Account you have a personal IBAN starting with GB which should work for multiple currencies. For transfers to this account you don’t need a reference number. So if transfering from an UK account to a Revolut account it would make sense to use that IBAN combined with the BIC, which for my account is displayed as REVOGB21. If this transfer is without fees or not for a transfer within UK I don’t know as it’s not a UK “account/sort code” combination.

GBP account has local details but it’s only personal for EEA users.
Sending GBP from the UK to your UK IBAN via SWIFT makes no sense.

But that is probably the only option he has. He does not have a local UK account and sending GBP to the Swiss collection account does not work from the UK and would, if accepted at all, result in conversion to CHF. But local Swiss bank details of collection account are only to be used for local transfers within Switzerland, so I would assume it would be rejected. .

Yes, even Swiss users do have local GBP details. It’s just not a personal one but a collection account and therefore the reference is important

1 Like