PayPal and Revolut

I live in Greece with Greece PayPal account.

Can I add Revolut card or Revolut bank account so I send money from PayPal balance to Revolut ?

Please Andreas.kapsos answer me

Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Hi Nikos,

You can add your Revolut card in Paypal, and use it for payments.
If you want to send money from Paypal to your revolut account, you need to add your IBAN in Paypal. (add bank account)

2 Likes

Can i add revolut iban uk in my paypal greek account ? Because i know that if you have Greek paypal account you can only add greek ibans

Fair point, sorry I missed that detail. You probably can’t :frowning:

1 Like

I have a PayPal italian account associated with Revolut UK Iban

2 Likes

Thanks for that i will try to add and answer here

1 Like

It would be really helpful if you could keep us posted @nikoss123!

No Andrea PayPal says that i need a Greek Iban as im afraid.

Any other advise or when you have available Greek Bank accounts ?

Thanks in advance

I know this is not resolving the issue for you anytime soon, but I think you should also officially complain about this. I do not see how IBAN discrimination can be stopped otherwise.

Here’s the deal: no matter in which EU country your bank account is, someone doing business with you has to accept a bank account in any EU country. SEPA, the Single Euro Payments Area took care about this by introducing international bank account numbers (IBAN). If you have an IBAN, you can reach all other IBANs.

Article 9, Regulation (EU) No 260/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 March 2012:

Payment accessibility

A payer making a credit transfer to a payee holding a payment account located within the Union shall not specify the Member State in which that payment account is to be located, provided that the payment account is reachable in accordance with Article 3.

A payee accepting a credit transfer or using a direct debit to collect funds from a payer holding a payment account located within the Union shall not specify the Member State in which that payment account is to be located, provided that the payment account is reachable in accordance with Article 3.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A02012R0260-20140131

I’ve talked about this with a lawyer from iZettle, which also do not allow IBANs from countries other than the one the customer’s residency is in. Their point is that this regulation only affects consumer services. T&Cs for iZettle make it clear that the service must not be used outside of business. I do not see how this could be true for a regular personal Paypal account. It might apply for Paypal business accounts.

4 Likes

Ich habe mein Revolut Konto hinterlegt PayPal sollte Seit 14 Tagen eine Lastschrift abbuchen die Transaktion steht bei PayPal immer noch als offen Drinnen es scheint Probleme zu geben

PayPal sagt das Revolut keine Lastschriften unterstĂĽtzt das es Probleme gibt

Please write in english

Nikos , i add my Revolut IBAN to paypal with out any problem… It just ask a Euro Account from a SEPA Countries Region.

If i scroll down UK apear also as a country.

Iban from revolut starts with GB.

Paypal for greek accounts only accept ibans with GR.

I will try again and i will let you know

I did try this myself before.
No chance to add Revolut to Paypal as a german customer.

1 Like

What did not work for you? Did your IBAN get declined when adding it into PayPal or does the verification not work?

Ohh, thats common :smiley:

Giorgo your PayPal account is Greek ? And you manage to add your Revolut Iban ?

I have cyprus paypal account

Ok thanks for the answer Giorgo.I will try again to see if works now this future also for Greece.