Option to manually change App language

I would rather prefer to separate language from number and date formats. Like on the PC with Windows, I can use English as the UI language but set the locale to Switzerland which will give me the number formats I’m used to, with decimal point, date and time format like dd.mm.yyyy HH:MM:SS etc…

But yes, it’s more than time to introduce a language switch within the App independent of the OS language.

3 Likes

Another simple (NEEDED) feature totally ignored by revolut :frowning:

Is this an Android only issue? iOS 13 allows changing the language of an application.

1 Like

It’s only an android ‘issue’

People don’t complain that their bank has the national language used anywhere else

Hi!

Since this post is 2 years old, I was wondering if there has been an update? I just got the app and it is all in german I would like to switch it to english but i can’t find where.

Are you on iOS or Android?

I’ve just downloaded the app but it’s in Italian, the language to which my phone is set as I’m studying it, but when it comes to my finances I need it in English to avoid potentially costly mistakes. Every other app that I’ve had this issue with has had the option to choose the language. I cannot use Revolut until the issue is fixed. We live in a multicultural world of polyglots. With the international aspects to this app I would have thought that this was fundamental or, to borrow a term from my US cousins “a no-brainer”.

1 Like

Are you on iPhone? Or Android

Hi,
In my case, I would like to keep the app in English because the quality of the translation into my native language (Czech) is… well… poor.

On iOS, you can change the app language directly in the Settings app (just scroll down down to find Revolut).

1 Like

+1 for being able to change the language. For me the app appears in Hungarian but my company requires me to submit statements and they won’t understand if the statement is not in English.

1 Like

Thank you! You help me…I was looking in the app bit it was in the setting of my Iphone :wink:

1 Like

After extended and ineffective research to restore my initial and "don’t know how " changed laguage in Revolut on my iPhone, I found this simple and trivial solution in your post. Thank you! We often go far to see that the solution was right under our noses. Thanks again!

Can’t believe that this isn’t implemented yet, five years later. It’s honestly ridiculous, clearly the app is already translated into multiple languages. All we’re asking for is an option to manually select the preferred language.

2 Likes

Not a problem on iOS. Android doesn’t allow app specific language settings?

No, and tbh that’s a pretty weird way of doing it imo. Does Apple automatically translate all text content in all apps? Makes little sense, unless the developer of the app provides localization data for these settings.

Language versions are provided by app developers. iOS settings then allow you to switch between them. It’s either system language (standard), or you can define specific languages on a per app basis. The app store lists all available languages. In Revolut’s case, that’s 22.

You might have something to look forward to: Google may finally bring per-app language settings to Android next year | Android Central