Option to manually change App language

Revolut recognises phone’s language and uses the same.

Though in this case it seems to display French even though the phone is set to Italian. Italian is currently not supported as language but the fallback seems to be English, so I am surprised by French.

Maybe, after all the French postings, the application is now scared and immediately switches to French if it couldnt find a 100% match :crazy_face:

Hi @Igirap. On your device, go to Settings. Tap General. Select Language & Region. Here you can change the preferred language order.

Let me know if this helps.

It sometimes works like this in case of default or system setting. Can be that case?

Hi,
I have the same issue! My phone is set in Italian, I used to have the app in English! Then I moved to France and had to download the app on a new phone (still set in Italian) but the app is in French now, and I don’t speak French :sweat_smile:
It would be nice to have the chance to chose the language;)
Nico

Can it be your case?
Have checked this? (I mean- system language)

My phone language is lithuanian, but revolut is still on english. Any ideas, how to fix that?

Hi, my girlfrend phone is set to Italian with Italy as region, but still the app default to French, is Revolut using the phone number to set the app language?

Revolut uses phone’s language. Sometimes it goes wrong. I these situation please pick phone’s language manually (please change it from “automatic” to your language)

1 Like

I would like to do the opposite. Keep the language of the phone to my region language and change the app language to English.

Some of the reasons for my decision are:

1. I have almost all my apps this way and find it easier to work this way.
  2. When I have a problem and want to follow some steps from the internet in order to solve it, it is easier to have the english language in the app than trying to figure out how these steps are translating in my language.
  3. If I have a problem and want to ask someone, and since the support (official support or forums, etc) is not in my language it is easier to be able to change into the english language in my app, in order to have a common language with the support than trying to figure out how something is translated in the english version of the app.
5 Likes

Great idea
I would to see its being translated into more language

Another reason for adding possibility to change language manualy: Revolut recently added Czech language to app. All Slovakian people understand perfectly czech, but we don’t have the possibility to set it without switching the whole system to czech language. I don’t think that we are asking something very hard to implement.

5 Likes

Please :r:, we need that option :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I totally agree with this. Although I want everything in English for Revolut, I sympathise with you because I have other apps where I don’t want the app to use my iPhone’s language. For example, Yandex Maps shows me place names most prominently in the Latin alphabet because my iPhone’s language is English, whereas I would prefer to see place names only in the Cyrillic alphabet because I use Yandex Maps only in Russian-speaking countries. It is very irritating when app developers assume that the user wants to use the app in the iPhone’s language.

2 Likes

I support that idea. I have my android phone set to German but would prefer the Revolut app in English because a lot of apps are much clearer and cleaner in English than German translations. Especially if there is a technical touch, German is most of the time not very well suited.
Reasons for me are: the apps are naively developed in English and translations always lose some of the precision and German texts are often longer than the English original.

3 Likes

I would and I am doing it for most of the apps.
As I am working in IT I need to keep practicing on IT expressions in English and Croatian.
Also I consider it also as additional step of security if I am abroad and using Revolut.

Got hit with automatic translation to my native language (latvian) after latest revolut app update.

Please add manual option to change language back to english !!!

Latvian translation seems to be OK overall, but some translated things still sound a bit weird/awkward and perhaps I would like to stay with english interface.

Also, If in future I will need some help with app interface how would you expect I will be able to explain what I want/need to support or to fellow forum members if app interface will be in latvian ??? :grimacing:

Exactly that is the reason I have set my phone’s language to English.
Which works great for the international apps but is quite annoying for nationally used apps.

Causing the need to set languages separately for each app.

It seems that iOS 13 might solve this.

Language selection per app
Use third‑party apps in a different language from your system language.

2 Likes

Since a few weeks ago, I could use my phone’s OS and other App’s in my language -catalan- and I could use Revolut with no problems in English. Now, because of the -comma-dot- issue’s in the Revolut app) - I’ve been forced to change the OS to English. But when I want to use other App’s I need to change back the OS to catalan language. Please, allow user’s to use the phone OS and Apps in their language for 99% of the time, therefore allow users to choose the language in the Revolut App (other than the one that is been used in the OS). And the MOST IMPORTANT: If the OS language is set to a latin language and the Revolut App is set to English, you need to exchange comma-dot attributes (in latin languages the comma means decimal) like other OS and App’s do.