Online portal just in case you lose your phone

same here now i don’t even know what’s going in to my account. i could be robbed or what ever… every single user should have access to that “business website” bull crap … i don’t now if i can go the shop buy some or make an idiot from myself or not…

2 Likes

I agree, there should be a website access to my account as a standard feature.
It would serve to be a backup during travel.
What i hate the most about a mobile app is: if i go to another country, the play store imposes regional restriction. Ex: while in USA I can move my money easily, but if i travel to (say india) then mobile app may create some restrictions as per the local regional guidelines.

1 Like

https://app.revolut.com/start

1 Like

Hi! My phone has been stolen and I managed to buy a new SIM card today with the same phone number, but I cannot access my account from any other phone. I urgently need access to Revolut to be able to order a new phone. Please advise.

Perhaps try to access your account here: https://app.revolut.com

I received an email from Revolut to a survey that unfortunately doesn’t work, I wanted to reiterate how we miss a proper web app, it’s 2020, pandemic happened, we could do much more and faster from the comfort of our pc with big display, mouse and keyboard, but with revolut is not possible… I hate this trend that you must have a ios/android phone/tablet to use something.

2 Likes

I am very disappointed to see that this has been something that Revolut has not dealt with. My mother just had her bag stolen phone and cards lost. When she reported stolen they sent a code to her phone!! She was not able to talk to anyone on the phone as an automated line. Obviously this is very distressing. The website should at the very least provide a way of dealing with a lost phone scenario. Otherwise I fear more and more fraudulent transactions.

1 Like

On the website, log in as usual. The website asks to confirm your login with the app, which doesn’t work when you lost your phone.

Wait. There’s an option for that. It says something like „if the app isn’t available for you …“ — chose then email as an alternative authentication method.

You then have access to your card settings, to block them, for example.

How wasthis achieved, everytime I tried to do this I wS only off
Ered a different new account. I agree with others that a Web ID and dedicated password as used by all major banks is best solution and removes all the access dificulties. I always fear of losing access under the current system.

I agree! That would be a very useful feature for when you lose your phone! Or your phone isnt working or hasnt been charged or forgot at home or whatever else that makes you not able to use phone!

1 Like

Hi there. You are aware that Revolt offers log-in on the website (with limited functionality) already, right? :wave:

1 Like

The only thing holding me from converting to Revolut right now is the absence of an online portal. I think that would be a very good idea

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave: ,

Thanks for sharing your POVs with us. It’s really great to have your feedback as it helps us a lot. :rocket:

I know you guys are worried about what if your phone has been lost or stolen.:expressionless: Please don’t panic as we’re here for you.:ninja:

Kindly check this FAQ link as it will help you to understand the details.:hammer_and_wrench: I agree with Frank that you can use our website as well even after losing your phone.:iphone: Hope this helps.

@inchhain @myran1178 @Aildaid @ioanaa_m @r4upadhye @groobydj @BogdanStefanM Welcome to our community. :r:

SG | Community Team

I have a backup-phone, content identical to my main phone. Revolut is working fine without SIM-card, just install the app and use the SMS-code sent to your main phone to login. After that all you have to do is to login to Revolut on this phone once a month what keeps your identity verified. Alternatively you can use a tablet.

2 Likes

Please forgive me for being either stupid or naive. What happens when the SMS code goes to the phone which I have lost?

I too, maintain an alternative login on another device. However I still need the primary phone to receive the verification SMS.

Am I missing something obvious?

1 Like

A backup-telephone is usually set up before the main telephone is lost. :wink:

1 Like

Revolut has a flow for lost phones. When logging in, read all the information on the login screen, and follow instructions accordingly. It used to be (and might still be) phrased like “I lost access to my phone number”.

How the process works in detail might be different depending on your specific situation.

Installing the app on a second device is a good idea. Web login also works. And most importantly: all login procedures allow contact to support if everything else fails. Reading all instructions and options is critical for this.

2 Likes

Hello @Windowbox :wave:,

Please check the FAQ link I have provided above Kamika’s message where you can see the steps you can follow if your phone has been stolen or lost. Hope that helps. :sunflower:

Thanks for the help @Kamika242 @Frank.:star2:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

I agree! That would be a very useful feature for when you lose your phone! Or your phone isnt working or hasnt been charged or forgot at home or whatever else that makes you not able to use phone!.

3 Likes

@inchhain are you aware that Revolut has web login for years now? The initial post is almost 6 years old.

3 Likes