No top up from italian bank account

I tried now to top up my Revolut from an italian bank account.
It doesn’t work, it tells me that IBAN and BIC code do not match and it’s impossible to proceed the transfer.
Is this a bug? How can I do to process the top up?

thanks!

See here:

Don’t be intimidated by the length of that thread. If you scroll down to about 50 %, the problem you’re having is discussed there.

Thanks @Frank, I see :slight_smile:
I’m going on my holiday trip in a week, I just want to know if it’d be possible to top up my card by bank account so that is for free, I think it’s a great idea :wink:
But I didn’t find anything about the bug resolution.:v:

Before Revolut introduced the new personal IBAN, they used a generic IBAN: Every customer transferred money to that same account, and a “reference code” was used to allocate the money to a customer’s card. This bank account still works and could be used for top ups. Put in the reference code as the only text for the transfer.

I would recommend to try it out with a small amount before sending all your vacation money on the way.

The important reference no. can be deprived from your personal IBAN: it is the last 8 digits of your personal EUR IBAN.

See here for the other informations:

Beneficiary: Revolut LTD
IBAN: GB98 LOYD 3080 1286 5682 90
BIC: LOYDGB2LXXX

2 Likes

Many thanks man!!! i will try!!! :v::v::v::v:

1 Like

tried from ingdirect.it to move Euros - it only asks for IBAN and it works.

tried from finecobank.com to move Euros - it asks for IBAN and BIC and it doesn’t work - as IBAN and BIC are from two different countries. Opened a support ticket with finecobank.com and they acknoldeged the techical issue and directed to their call center, with high transaction charges compared to free EUR SEPA transfers via online channel. Ditch Fineco, go Revolut !

1 Like

Thanks for posting.
I think it would actually be a good idea to point all of these issues here to that alternative IBAN so people with problems can find it.

1 Like

this still works?

on the name of the transfer, I only need to put the last 8 digits of my personal IBAN?

when you say personal iban, you are referring to my own iban from my bank, or the iban that the revolut app shows?

so, the data is:

beneficiary: Revolut LTD
iban: GB98 LOYD 3080 1286 5682 90
bic: LOYDGB2LXXX
comments: my last 8 digits

–> how will revolut link the 8 digits to me?

Italiano: Aggiornamento dell’11 Luglio 2019 - bonifici EURO da Fineco Italia a Revolut

I bonifici verso l’IBAN personale nominativo di Revolut EURO (il mio inizia con GB30REVO…) con il nuovo BIC ufficiale di Revolut “REVOGB21” funzionano regolarmente e sono gratuiti dal conto Fineco Italiano in quanto verso area SEPA.

Beneficiario: Nome Cognome
IBAN: IBAN personale conto EURO che inizia per GB30REVO…
BIC: REVOGB21
Valuta: EURO

English: Update as of July 11th, 2019 - EURO bank transfers from Fineco Italy to Revolut
EURO denominated bank transfers from a Fineco Italy bank account to the new personal Revolut IBAN (starting with GB30REVO…) and the new official Revolut BIC Code “REVOGB21” work regularly and are free as they are in EUROs and within SEPA area.

Beneficiario: Full Account holder Name Surname
IBAN: Your personal IBAN starting with GB30REVO…
BIC: REVOGB21
Currency: EURO

Hello guys I’m trying to receive a payment from United States in euro currency.

The transfer will be a extra SEPA in euro currency.

Do I need an intermediate swift number?
As revolut says, looks like I don’t need it.

Thank you