New passcode

I went to log into my Revolut app and it came up with a message saying change passcode but in order to do this I need to enter my old one. Problem is I’ve been using Face ID for so long, I don’t know It, All the passcodes that I thought it was it’s telling me I’m wrong but I’m sure one of them is right. Com now I can’t get into my app and the only way to change your passcode is by getting into your app? I’ve tried googling everything and this seems to be the only option to go into the app and go to forgotten passcode, But I can’t get into the app because of this new message that pops up every time you open it. Can anyone help please?

1 Like

If you’re confident you know the PIN, you can try logging in on the website and contact customer support that way to resolve any problems with the app.

2 Likes

Hello @Jojo-Eliza :wave:,

Welcome to our community. Sorry to hear that you are unable to get into your app. May I know what error message you’re getting to help you further? :thinking:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Hi, it’s not an error message, when I went to log in, an automatic message comes up, saying ‘ in Line with Latest changes in Revolut security Updates, You need to upgrade your passcode to a stronger one, it will only take a minute’ but I’ve used Face ID for so long I don’t know if I remember it what I thought it was it Isn’t, lol I’ve tried a few different combinations and they don’t work either. It keeps locking me out after three attempts and I have to wait two minutes to try again. But I can’t think what else it could be the only way I can change My passcode is by going into my app and going to forgot passcode which I can’t do because this Message pop up, won’t let me get into the app. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I keep having the same issue, I have contacted customer support and I just keep getting sent links to how to change my passcode but when I follow what the instructions say it takes me back to the page of telling me how to change it

2 Likes

I can’t even get that far, I emailed customer service and I’ve got an automated message back saying that they are experiencing a lot of emails or something but I can go Onto my app if I have any issues. My issue is, I can’t get on my app in the first place so it’s really not helpful. I think it’s really silly that they just randomly do a passcode Change, Knowing that some people are not going to remember their passcode because they use Face ID and there’s no other way of resetting it apart from getting onto your app. Why not Give another option for those who can’t remember their passcode like entering your personal details. I find this really frustrating.

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

Thank you for explaining the problem. Kindly follow the basic troubleshooting steps first :arrow_double_down:

• Clear cache & cookies: Ensure to clear the cache cookies on your phone.
  • Strong Wifi: Make sure to check your wifi connection
  • Updated version: Don’t forget to download the latest version of the Revolut app.
  • Restart device: Restart your device once

Once you complete the steps, to reset your forgotten Revolut app passcode, make sure you’re using your phone number or email associated with your Revolut account. Then follow the steps:

1. Open the app and select ‘Login
  2. Enter the phone number linked to your account and hit ‘Continue
  3. Tap ‘Forgot your passcode?
  4. Take a selfie or upload ID if required
  5. Create a new passcode (avoid consecutive/repeating digits)

You may be asked for a One-Time Passcode via SMS or email. If you can’t receive the SMS OTP, wait for the count to expire and tap ‘Resend code’ for email authentication.

:point_right: If you fail the verification process three times, you’ll be directed to the in-app chat support. Our support agents are always happy to help you. Make sure you aren’t logged in to multiple devices or using a VPN.

Welcome to our community @Tay1. :r:

SG | Community Team

Hi, I cannot do this, as this message pops up

3 Likes

is not working at all

1 Like

Please help me to have acces to my account .Thank you! I followed the steps that you explained but it dose not working .

1 Like

It’s sad that your issue has not been resolved yet. Kindly contact us through the social media platforms so that we can help you further. You can reach us on:

Our support team will definitely help you with this. :pray:

Welcome to our community @Dorian_95. :r:

SG | Community Team

Hi guys, so I had an email back from customer service saying to

Delete the app & reinstall

Enter your email or phone number then press forgotten code, which then led me to a face scan (photo)

It then asks for a new passcode

I am officially back into my account!

I hope this helps the rest of you with getting into your account!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pass code

Same problem and my PIN keeps getting rejected Would help if we had a helpline ??

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

I can understand you all are facing problems regarding resetting passcode. Kindly check my response here to reset your passcode and please don’t forget to complete the basic troubleshooting first.

While you’re uploading the selfie, please remember that, the selfie must be a live-picture (not a picture of a picture/picture from gallery/scan) and it should be taken by yourself without visibility of other people on it, as well as without the help of other people.

Follow these steps when taking a selfie:

• Find good lighting, remove anything covering your face (e.g. glasses, or a hat) and ensure, that you are the only person in the image;
  • Approve access to your camera
  • Move your face into the oval in the middle of the screen and wait till the oval will turn on green
  • Press the image capture button to take an image (in some cases the photo will be taken automatically)
  • Verify if the selfie requirements are met
  • Press confirm and continue the sign-up process

Hope this helps. Welcome to our community @Bkenny . :r:

SG | Community Team