Metal, Frequently Asked Questions.

Me neither. And I guess many other dont do either.
So it means Revolut has something easy to offer because people will rarely use.
On the other hand they can take away many things…

Honestly, I’m now considering to move down to Premium…

If they put a limit, then why they don’t bring 1% cashback for every payment?

Does this mean, that the Metal upgrades IN THE FUTURE will not get the one-time Free Lounge Access, or do they take it from those too, who purchased METAL before but didn’t use the pass yet? (this includes me, especially in this Corona situation)

1 Like

I just cancelled my metal subscription. Pity - because I really like certain things about Revolut. But, with the changes there difference between metal and premium goes from small to almost none at all. I understand that they make little to no money on the free users, but I pay £120 a year for this service, and it was already rather questionable. These moves make me consider moving from Revolut altogether, especially after all media reports on how Revolut has been treating its staff lately.

4 Likes

I want to cancel my Revolut Metal and just use Standard. In e-mail I received it says I can do it for free if I select option that I don’t like the changes (which I don’t). But I only see option to downgrade, and to pay two month fees for it. Is it because I’m not using Metal longer than one year or I need to wait for some time for this new button to appear?

Might be a tad harsh there @philky
The reasons behind the scenes are complex and based around the incompetence of the UK Government and their treatment of employers under the furlough scheme. They imposed the lock down and then reneged on the promises they made to employees about paying them whilst in self-isolation.

Hi there ? Did you find the answer to this? I’ve paid in advance so I presume I’ll still be able to get a free pass when I’m next at an airport ? I mean it’s part of what I paid for ?

1 Like

T&Cs change August 12. Since formerly advertised services are affected by this, you’ve got a special right to end your 1 year contract before its natural end. This way, you’re not paying for something that was advertised and that will not be available any longer for you.

(The passes also can be stored in app. So you could pick one now, and keep it in the app until you’re going to use it in the future.)

Hi Henrikbjorn ! I want to to order Metal card …is it gonna be Visa ?

The app will show you what card you can order. For me the gold/rose gold/black ones are Visa and the others are Mastercard.

Does anybody have any more information on what the actual conditions of the “improved” travel insurance will be like on the metal plan. Live chat said they intend to add lost luggage and flight cancellation but had no further info. I’m trying to decide between curve metal (which has a comprehensive travel and mobile phone insurance package provided by AxA) and revolut which right now has an extremely weak overall insurance package.

Following for the answer too

Good morning,

I have 2 questions:

• is there a limit to the number of wires we can do without fees with the Metal account?
  • is there a ceiling (maximal amount) for a Swift transfer?

Thank you