Metal, Frequently Asked Questions.

Hi, it’s contactless and CHIP + PIN and magstripe as usual.

3 Likes

Hi, when I order Metal card, do I get also other cards as well(together with the metal package)?
I read here: https://www.revolut.com/de/help/getting-started/getting-a-card/getting-a-physical-card/ordering-a-physical-card?lang=en
and is written:“Upgrade now to Revolut Premium to order exclusive Premium card designs or Revolut Metal to get those plus the super exclusive Metal card, all delivered Express for free.”
So If I understood correctly, if I order Revolute Metal card, I will also get other ones?

Thank you!

Yep you can order a premium plastic one and the metal card.

UPDATE: When I order METAL card do I get only Metal one or is in the price of Metal also included the Premium one. So with METAL order I get 2 physical cards (METAL and PREMIUM)?
https://www.revolut.com/de/help/getting-started/getting-a-card/getting-a-physical-card/ordering-a-physical-card?lang=en 1

Is this correct?

Thank you!

Yes, you can order basic or premium card too. (for free) with premium delivery.

But you need to order each on thier own. When you order the Metal card, you only get the Metal Card. So for the Premium Card you need to make a second order where you choose the premium card instead of the metal card.

I heard there will be a stock trading feature added soon. Will that will be available only to metal customers as well? I hope the answer is yes :smile:

But that’s not what the link says. In the link is written:“Upgrade now to Revolut Premium to order exclusive Premium card designs or Revolut Metal to get those plus the super exclusive Metal card, all delivered Express for free.”
So from the text I understood that with Metal order I get Premium cards for free.

So this is not correct?

Ok thanks! So when I order a Metal card, I can choose 1 more card (basic or Premium) for free. Correct? :sweat_smile:

Sorry I make it more clear.

You need to do this 2 Times : Choose one time the Metal Card & One time the Premium Card

Ordering a Metal Card doesn’t means you get automaticly also the Premium Card. That’s why you need to choose one after another and make 2 orders but both are free without any fees. You can have up to 3 Physical Cards if you are outside of those countries who are also able to get Maestro Cards.

2 Likes

Using curve, am I having the cashback feature? The same question goes to PayPal.

You do, (I do also :slight_smile: ) for PayPal, that also counts as a transaction, so yes. You’re getting the cashback.

1 Like

With the new T&C it is important to add that Metal Cashback will be capped at 13,99 €/month starting 12. August 2020.

Reading the email from Revolut:

“We’ve been talking with thousands of you about how we can help you get even more from your money.
We know you’re looking for easier ways to manage your spending day-to-day, not just when you’re abroad, and that saving a little money is always nice, too. So, we’re launching a brilliant new design for the app that’s way easier to use, new Rewards that bring you cashback and discounts from top brands, and more!”

OK, let’s see the gains:

1. more ATM withdrawal.
  2. some mistaken payments may be reversed.

The losses:

1. “slight” increase mark-up for major currencies from 0.5% to 1%,
  2. “Almost all of our payment types (such as payments to Revolut users, domestic transfers, Euro transfers within the Single Euro Payments Area, and other types of cross border transfers) are remaining free for Metal customers like you. If you make a transfer to a country that is not in its national currency, the first one each month will be free.”
  3. “your total metal cashback will now be capped at your subscription fee”.
  4. “With Smartdelay, you’ll still get free airport lounge access for you and 3 travel companions if your flight is delayed for more than an hour. But the one-off ‘free pass’ that comes with Metal will no longer be available”.
  5. “You still get a free Metal card and Premium card with your subscription, and get a free replacement each year if you lose one.” Previously there were two metal cards per year…

So let’s sum up: I’m a valued Metal plan costumer. For this, Revolut takes away 5 from me and gives me 2 in return. Brilliant isn’t it? Let’s go back to the initial quote: “saving a little money is always nice”… Sarcastic…

1 Like

I guess its time to go full metal with curve!

“ the one-off ‘free pass’ that comes with Metal will no longer be available.” just… wow.

Don’t forget the Cashback cap.

Metal plan cancelled. I may go to Premium, depends on what these vague other benefits are.

3 Likes

I don’t get it though. The changes to the free plan leave a bad taste, but I get it. Seen the same with Evernote and other freemium services once they realise it’s time to make money. But to do this to their top tier paying customers? And of all things to improve, the ATM limit? Urgh. I almost never even use cash.

3 Likes

I listed it as third loss…

1 Like