Joint Accounts 2022

@Covalent5 Where are you stationed? How come youn can access Joint accounts? thanks :heart::zap:

1 Like

I am in Cyprus. Received an invite some time ago. Many people did, but depends where you are.

4 Likes

@Frank Thank you for sharing this information with us. It was indeed valuable :blush:

@Manaburner Hope this helped :sunflower:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

It did, yes. My biggest pain point currently is that this Joint account is not accessible via Open Banking. I hope that’s coming soon.
I also found out recently that “Split bill” is not available. Is that intentional?

My guess is that all features that live in different areas of the app, that aren’t “bundled up” tightly with the core functionality of the personal account itself, might take a while to implement. There’s a bigger potential to mess up the UX, or established paradigms within the app.

Revolut did figure out a way to handle this in Analytics and Cards. But it’s not sorted out yet for Wealth, Pockets and Group expenses.

What I’d like to see for Joint accounts is a reimbursement option. When someone paid something from the shared account by mistake, and wants to settle it with the personal account. And the other way around, moving over a personal transaction to the Joint account. Not a must have, but maybe a fun feature.

1 Like

finance fun :thinking:
You must be my type of :r: user :wink:

4 Likes

This is an old ‘New topic’. However nothing seems to happen.

Will Revolut ever create joint accounts?

For me after years waiting time is running out.

I’m slowly moving my account to an App based competitor.

Where, if we both have an account we can create a joint account within the App.

Why can’t this happen with Revolut?

This is in process of being launched just check the other thread which shows some people using them actively.

@Mariana_Rodrigues can we close this and merge with the thread above? :pray:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve done it for you…

2 Likes

Hi, can’t we create joint accouts anymore ? I had the option a few weeks ago but not anymore, and my wife is moving in with me soon… I would have loved a Revolut account :confused:

1 Like

@CelianGdfrd Hello :wave: and welcome back to our community! It’s great to see you here again :hugs:

To open a joint account with us, please ensure that both account holders meet the following conditions:

• You must both be at least 18 years old
  • You must both have a personal account with Revolut
  • You must both have completed our identity verification process and have an active account
  • You must both live in the same country and belong to the same Revolut entity
  • You cannot already be part of another Revolut joint account or have a pending invitation to join one
  • You can only have one joint account at a time, which you can share with one other person only.

If you meet these conditions, you can open a joint account with us. :rocket:

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist you with or if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. :blush:

Veda | Community team

Hi @Veda.Ramesh, I think what @celiangdfrd means is we lost the technical ability to open a joint account. I’m currently not in the market for a joint account, but I did get the invitation by email and push notification and there was a “joint” tile for a while when I opened my app (which was also in the hub section). That tile has now disappeared, the instructions on the website say to “head to the hub and click on joint”, but you can’t click on it if it’s not there anymore.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. Thanks.

1 Like

@CelianGdfrd Joint Accounts are available for users on app version 9.0 and above, so the first step is to make sure that your app is updated to the latest version.

If you have already updated your app but are still unable to see the Joint Account option, we suggest relaunching the app 1-2 times. :rocket:

If you are still unable to see the Joint Account option after relaunching the app, please let us know and we will look into the issue further to find a solution. :blush:

Hope this helps :sunflower:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Good read up. Could you please share with us what countries are in testing for this or have full rollout?

I’m in the UK and I don’t have that option.

@Carl_1460 I am so sorry, unfortunately I will not be able to disclose this information at this time, but I kindly request that you stay tuned and keep a lookout for any upcoming updates or announcements :face_with_monocle:

We appreciate your understanding. :hugs:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

When checking T&Cs on the website (Joint Account Terms), they’re not available yet for the UK (“coming soon”) but for various EEA regions.

My guess is the product went live in most, if not all, EEA countries. (All regions served by Revolut Bank UAB.)

2 Likes

They did send out the invitations in the UK and the tile was available in the UK app for a while. Plus on the help pages there are detailed “rules” for the joint account and information on how to sign up for a joint account (which obviously doesn’t work right now). And yes, the help section is UK related, referencing FSCS (or lack thereof) and having Sterling prices at the bottom. Something apparently went wrong here, but I think a clarification from Revolut would be more helpful than leaving people to speculate.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I had to restart several times the app in order to make it work. (I believe this is called a bug)

I made my wife (French, living in France) create an account in order to open a joint account. But French IBANs aren’t available to new customers, and so as she’s in the Lithuanian entity of Revolut, and I’m in the French one, we can’t open a joint account.

This is so illogical.

As a retired sw developer - there are no such things as bugs - they’re just undocumented software events :grinning:

3 Likes