Joint Accounts 2022

Mines not long come through within the app (UK).

3 Likes

How soon will it be launched to US customers?

2 Likes

Are they coming for the accounts with LT IBANS too?

1 Like

any word from the centre on this @Mariana_Rodrigues

1 Like

Please, advise the approximate launch date of this new feature. I see everyone is very excited about it, can’t wait to test this with my boyfriend.

3 Likes

Probably there will be no option to link UK and EU entities? I got the notification but not the invite.

1 Like

just FYI my partner received the notification here in Switzerland, but I didn’t. I hope we can try this new feature soon.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone in the US received an invitation to test the joint account feature.

1 Like

The invite mentions that the accounts must be in the same country. So we can forget about linking an account between the EU and the UK. Even when married.

1 Like

That’s understandably not the first thing Revolut tackles, since that is legally difficult. You’re dealing with two different legal entities which are under two separate regulatory frameworks. To which jurisdiction would the joint account belong? Which rules to follow? Since Brexit there are no passporting rights anymore, it’s difficult to service customers across the EEA and UK at the same time. There is a Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) between the EU and UK which covers financial services and includes some equivalence clauses, but that’s not the same. Currently there’s more leeway for selling products from the EEA into the UK than the other way, which is of course heavily criticised in the City. Plus there are ongoing negotiations between the EU and UK around the TCA, which means the legalities around cross-border services can change quickly. A cross-border joint account wouldn’t be on my priority list until the dust has settled.

2 Likes

@MaggieLena @FalconTech @marcolino81 Welcome to the :r: community. :smiling_face:

We are constantly trying to stream line our products so stay tuned for exciting news! :sunflower:

1 Like

Should there be a waitlist, please sign me up.

2 Likes

I have the joint account for 1 week now but is still in early stages , i have some ideas , for example I would like to see vaults in joint accounts , so we have the amount to spend in joint account and savings in common vault .

3 Likes

@nikolas Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community :heart:

We value your feedback and thank you for sharing this with us :sunflower:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Revolut already offers Group Vaults. The administrator can configure which member can withdraw money. So the functionality you’re looking for seems to be there already. Is your idea more about improving the UI/UX, how a joint vault would be organised within the app?

3 Likes

Ok I have to say. Joint accounts are flawless. The only thing, I hope analytics will come to it too. At the moment analytics can’t show anything from Joint accounts.

7 Likes

Not available in the UK yet :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi,

1. are there any plans to make Joint Accounts available via the PSD2/Open Banking server? I’m using YNAB which uses TrueLayer to import account transactions and currently I can only select my personal Revolut account in the Rev app when I try to connect it to YNAB.

2. Also, I would wish for a better integration of the JA into the app, i.e. not having to use the HUB to access it.

That’s all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No option to pin it to the Home page yet? That’s probably coming then. Structurally, it makes the most sense to implement it like the Pro account, maybe with more options to configure Home page widgets, like separate or combined budget graphs.

Since Pro accounts are accessible via Open Banking, that’s probably a given, too. (It’s a payment account, so access is mandatory under PSD2 regulations anyway.)

What would be really helpful is if Revolut would finally figure out Pockets. I imagine recurring payments are a substantial part of what joint accounts are used for.

4 Likes

Wow, I did not know that you could pin stuff to Home in the first place. I just did that, so my first request has already been fufilled. THANK YOU for the pointer :slight_smile:

4 Likes