Joint Accounts 2022

Hi, I’m a long-term Revolut fan/user, but new to the community. I want to share my account with my wife. It’s now July '22 - is it still the case that the shared account concept is not available??

5 Likes

Hello, this is also a feature I’m looking for.

Any roadmap for this?

Thank you,
Luc

2 Likes

Hi @Bigordie and @Lderib :wave:

Happy to hear that you would like Revolut to offer joint accounts.
Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, but we are always looking for ways to improve, so stay tuned :eyes:

Let’s see how many of you would like to have this at Revolut :question:

• Yes, please!
  • Not really a need.

0 voters

3 Likes

The only reason we do not move all our banking to Revolut is this

We require 1 account that both me and my wife own to operate our household out of. I CANOT understand why this is hard to understand. Many if not most households operate much like a business in that there is 1 account with multiple holders and multiple sources of income. This topic has been raised multiple times on this forum, on your social media, etc. since at least 2018 I think was the first time I noted it.

We require; not just want, its a fundamental need in order to manage our banking correctly that we have a joint account … you have a Business Account system that already does all this … I know as I run my business on a Revolut account. I would even be willing to pay that fee your solutions are that much better than the horrible local banks we have to deal with here in Ireland. But until there is a means to have a proper joint account that I and my wife own and can operate with or without the other we CANOT change.

For note AIB and BOI are so horrible I would even pay the 300 or so you change to set up a business account to run the house out of if that was an option … it is that bad.

That is not an option and your alternatives are not sufficient so we are stuck with AIB atm for our household account needs

9 Likes

Oh sorry to hear it’s that bad in Ireland. Here in Luxembourg, thanks heaven, it’s not that bad.
But nevertheless looking forward to get the feature and move all my Bank activities to Revolut.

Regards,
Luc

3 Likes

We have 3 real options and a couple pseudo bank options like the local post or credit unions to choose from here … and they know it

They all have horrible rates, worse apps and services and often have major issues messing up payroll, payment processing, etc.

I (and many others) would happily pay Revolt … or any other competent company a solid fee for proper banking. Revolt are you listening? you could dominate here with little effort … you only need be competent to over take the Irish market.

A post was merged into an existing topic: I want to reopen an account on revolut and we can’t once is terminated why??

Monzo just started testing Joint accounts in USA. I hope Revolut will beat Monzo as it did in other areas.

3 Likes

Agree, joint account is vital to be able to move fully to Revolut. If not then Revolut will have to remain the less important of the banks I use.

2 Likes

They’re testing it in Ireland as well so hopefully will be rolled out in the coming year…

7 Likes

After reading this a couple days ago, I am now wondering how Revolut is going to implement this.

Those selected to sign up can nominate their “spouse, friend, flatmate, grandmother, sibling” or “any duo” as part of the exclusive test, it said.

This is a broad user group which I like. But It makes me think that the feature will have a primary account holder and then secondary account holders maybe with slightly different rights, like only the primary account holder can add and delete secondary account holders or close a shared account.

If that’s the case, I assume it’s easier for Revolut to roll out this feature in different regions.

4 Likes

Think this is maybe the most important feature. You can always hack something together with shared vaults but the moment you use pockets, etc. you really feel that accounts are not joint.

For us it is very important that we both see in a sec how much our common net worth is, without asking the partner to login and check the bank account too.

4 Likes

Hi @bjoentrepreneur :wave: and welcome to our :r: Community!

We are really happy that you would like to see Joint Accounts at Revolut :eyes:

Have you voted on the poll above? This way we can keep track of how helpful this feature would be :star:

Thanks. Yes I did :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your vote on this :star:

1 Like

How can I sign up to the wait list?

2 Likes

Don’t tell me its just for the UK again… :sob:

3 Likes

Got an email just now!

3 Likes

As both myself and my wife have separate accounts and thus (with the basic plan) 1000€ each per month for currency transfers, I’d be interested to know how that might be impacted by moving to a joint account.

2 Likes

Seemingly not as we have both been offered this with our FR IBAN accounts.

3 Likes