How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

Bring me Avios on metal purchases and I’ll buy it now :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Metal should be awarded with the Mastercard World Elite status, along with most of the program’s benefits.
And please, switch to fully debit cards (not prepaid) as they are causing issues with many users!

5 Likes

If I may put in my 50 cents, Revolut to me is all about travelling therefore it would only be natural to find membership discounts and other perks related to travelling. Nice try with Booking, keep it up! This is exactly the type of perks I would expect. How about Easyjet, Sixt etc…? But this is just my humble opinion.

Id prefer them to just get Avios or Miles & More points tbh, rather than specific Airline Discounts.

Edit: I’d be happy to have to pay Metal costs upfront for half a decade if you guys do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you?

• 1 M&M mile for each 10 USD/EUR/GBP spent, excluding quasi-cash transactions and ATM withdrawals (with a limit of 1000 miles / month)

It’s always all about the details, and the details will make it not appealing :slight_smile:
Look at the Revolut cashback and their definition of Europe

Ability to choose a reward scheme over cashback. Something like 0.5 points per £ spent and 1 point per £ abroad. Then the points can be used to redeem things such as Avios or Amazon vouchers or be used towards the fee.

And ability to top up using Amex. I’ll regularly push for this and am willing to pay for it.

Lockable vaults until specific dates.
Higher cash back within Europe.

1 Like

If rumors about Curve‘s latest problems with Amex are correct, it seems to be Amex who’s the party pooper.

1 Like

No, under decent terms I would :slight_smile:

1 Like

Few ideas:

1. Able to have upto 5 partner or family cards: same account, different cards with different names.
  2. Partner with Airlines or Hotels to get access to their top tier loyalty program.
  3. Get access to Vehicle Rental loyalty programs + Full Insurance.
  4. Able to Access a Savings account (with % interest)
  5. Competitive Cash Back.
  6. Have competitive insurance (e.g. include winter sport and US travels), including all the partner/family members
1 Like
  • Am a Premium user and if Metal would have Lounge Key or Priority Pass for maximum 10€ per visit, I will upgrade.
  • For Premium and Metal card I would like to see shared account feature. I currently have this with my wife where we have our own private card connected to the same bank account. Revolut does not support many accounts or shared accounts/cards.
1 Like

It won’t happen in the near future.

This is going to be very expensive for them to actually manage to get cheaply, so we’d probably be looking at like a Platinum tier which costs more than metal.

They can’t provide this themselves as they’re only serving you from an e-money licence currently, as such they’d be holding your money with a licenced bank.

They do have US travels included? It’s worldwide. No winter sports inclusion but you can have it and partner and family members added to your insurance.

You want the world. It won’t happen, we might get it for £15/15€ as Revolut negotiates a better deal with volume, but 10€ isn’t happening.

It won’t happen anytime soon, what you’re talking about is a joint account and I reckon they’ll start working on this after Revolut for kids exists

Just like N26 and instead of the useless concierge, offer deals with Headspace, WeWork, hotels, etc… It’s basically new deals every month. They also provide useful maps of the ATM around you. Partnership with Amazon for higher cash back - and a 1% cash back at least for everything else. Joint account. Real metal card (this one is basically cardboard) !

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
I am just comparing with the American Express platinum benefits, nothing more, nothing less. I think it would be great that the benefits are replicated, to become a real premium card.

Concerning the savings portion, why don’t you partner with someone?

Jerome

I would find it interesting to be able to customize the vaults by allowing to put a photo instead of the logo required

2 Likes

Wait, what? It’s a sheet of metal on the front, and a layer of plastic laminated to the back. Full metal would not work with contactless.

To try and explain this, short-handedly, it’s impossible.

For a further explanation, read below:

MasterCard and Visa work on 4 partner systems (can’t remember who the 4 partners rn) and American Express work on 3.

If MasterCard and Visa offered their own cards, they’d be able to charge higher fees in order to do this.

No, you can’t have a Revolut/Amex card, as American Express just got a ruling on this due to their British Airways cards being made unviable and them taking the legislation to court to wonder if those were exempted as they were co-branded rather than Amex only.

I’m pretty sure these will end up being capped in time too also, to increase card acceptance further in the EU.

Thank you Frank for your answer - maybe I got a wrong delivery then :woman_shrugging:t2: Mine does sure feel like cardboard! My husband who has his account at N26 has a REAL metal card (core & all) and it works contactless.

N26 Metal cards are constructed the same way as Revolut’s Metal cards. It is metal on the front, and then plastic on the back. There’s a high chance that it is even the same manufacturer.

You should be able to see that when you have a close look at the edges of the card. You can also do a test: next time when paying contactless, tap it on the reader with the front facing the reader. With metal cards, this fails most likely. You need to tap them with the back facing the reader, because the antenna is hidden behind a thin layer of plastic that is laminated onto the metal.

That‘s what N26 says about it on the website:

We wanted to draw the focus onto its all-metal, stainless steel front …

A full metal card won’t work contactless. The metal would block the radio signal.

When your Revolut card is not metal, are you sure you ordered the Metal design and not the Premium design? Premium cards are plastic. Metal cards are considerably heavier.

2 Likes

Hi Frank,

As I already wrote it, mine feels and sounds like cardboard covered in a shiny plastic. Very lightweight too.

My husband’s has a metal card (he’s with N26) and you sure do feel the weight and the material.

My contactless payments work every time and I never have to worry about which side I am using - because it’s obviously not metal.

I ordered a Metal design and received this. Not my bad I guess.

If you’re telling me it’s not Metal thanks to your technical details, I feel like I should receive what I ordered and am paying for.

Can Revolut address this then?

Thanks