How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

Hi Frank,

As I already wrote it, mine feels and sounds like cardboard covered in a shiny plastic. Very lightweight too.

My husband’s has a metal card (he’s with N26) and you sure do feel the weight and the material.

My contactless payments work every time and I never have to worry about which side I am using - because it’s obviously not metal.

I ordered a Metal design and received this. Not my bad I guess.

If you’re telling me it’s not Metal thanks to your technical details, I feel like I should receive what I ordered and am paying for.

Can Revolut address this then?

Thanks

I think the ssystem to invite friend is quite crazy, also becaus ei face issue when i ivnited frineds and parents that used the link but in th eend doens;t showare under my name…

maybe they cna make a system of rewards based on the use of revolut, payment, tranfers, top up…etc…each action with different points, and slowly slowly you will unlock some features…

Well, I doubt you received a metal card but a premium card. Revolut Metal cards are identical in weight to the card N26 issues. You can also check this in the app, it shows you all the card designs available and you should be able to figure this out based on the design of the card. “Premium” cards are not “Metal” cards. And Revolut doesn’t send out cards automatically, you always have to order them. You could also post a photo here, we could then confirm the type of card you’ve got.

And the fastest way to resolve this would be tot talk to support. They should be able to confirm the type of card that was delivered, of course.

The breakeven is an annual turnover of €72,000 or €6,000 per month, I doubt many of your user spend more than this (and if they are there are cards with better perks). Hence 0.5% cashback in Europe. Nobrainer.

1 Like

The Revolut Metal card is considerably heavier than regular cards. The (shiny) metal is revealed around the logo and at the edges. Apart from that, there is nothing metal or super high quality about the card. The back is black plastic that scratches easily and contains all security elements (CVV, expiry and the card number) clearly visible and right next to each other (unacceptable for a non-3DS card). The front is black plastic with a faux brushed metal finish. It looks mostly OK in daylight but otherwise looks cheap and immediately reveals the plastic print.

It’s metal with paint particles, not a plastic sandwich like on the back.

1 Like

The process to create it does not matter. The result is the same: a synthetic layer completely covering the metal. You cannot see the metal. And you can only feel the plastic layer, not the metal.

Edit: it is quite possibly just a layer attached to the metal. Unless you have actually visited the factory I suspect the marketing video is just that, marketing.

Would someone be able to take some shots of the Revolut Metal card? I need to see what y’all are talking about!

It scratches off on the edges more like paint. Sure, the video is marketing material, but it would be an odd choice to deliberately get very specific informations that wrong. There’s no reason to claim it’s paint when it’s not. They could have left it out like the plastic sandwich on the back.

True, but there is still a huge difference between this coating and, for example, the coating on watches where you can still easily feel the metal. Maybe they’ve changed the process because of all the complaints about the scratching and now they apply much more paint or have switched to a different process?

It’s hard to see in a picture. You have to see it yourself when the card is reflecting light.

1 Like

I don’t think watches are usually painted. It’s usually bare metal or plated metal. Aluminium might be anodized.

If it’s steel, it is usually PVD coated. It would actually look like metal, because it is metal (https://www.ecvv.com/product/3105575.html)

@edward
Please do look into some of the really interesting suggestions of this thread

2 Likes

It’s not as simple as that, Revolut does not produce their own cards, they need to outsource them. Some company is Europe produces them and unless that company starts to produce different metal cards, it’s gonna be the same.

I dont know if Revolut want to become a full bank.

But it would be great to offer IBANS in all supporting countries (if possible) so customers can make :r: their main and maybe only bank for their daily expenses.

Something N26 is trying now with Spanish IBANS.

Further an reward program would be awesome and full debit cards!

4 Likes

And last but not least,

An full insurance protection plan on stuff you buy with the card to be covered if you don’t find a way with the retailer!

MasterCard has the chargeback scheme and visa has similar, so I’m not seeing the real use for this.

Revolut would need all the same information and would likely come to the same conclusion.

Because the Chargeback scheme is not an insurance/extendes warranty.

If you buy something and you break it the first day, in the Netherlands most card companies offer you the full amount back as you are insured for this. Dont think that chargrback wil help in this situation…

the ability to access revolut from a web browser

8 Likes

Interest on savings will be great and making cheaper if for example you have spend with the card over 1k a month.

1 Like