Happy customers out there?

Until a week ago, I was so pleased with my revolute account that I enthusiastically shared with everyone the ease with which I could manage my own affairs. I thought it was safe, because you can turn your cards on and off, or just individual functions. I also find the automatic notification of every account movement excellent.

But since 5 days everything is different. A standing order to the telephone service provider of my mobile phone contract was not executed. I still do not know why.
When I start the app, a lock screen comes, which denies me any access and it has been informed that no more bookings are made. So I can not see if and what payments have been received from outside, nor can I see if and when my last payments went out. Instead, I should provide some evidence, take selfies, provide phone bills, water bills, payments from friends, and upload income proofs.
But there is not a single clue why?
And since I was abroad, of course I had no documentation about operating costs, etc. included.

Someone has noticed rightly that there must be other communication channels. I have my evidence not on the phone, but on the iMac. So if ease of handling should remain the big advantage of Revolut, email contact must be possible. In my view, it is also irresponsible when standing orders are blocked despite coverage.
What if someone has an accident, comes to the hospital and in the meantime neither rent, electricity nor telephone is paid.
Since everything can be terminated and with locked mobile phone you can not even advance to the service on the Revolut app. I do not understand what that should have to do with “For security …”. The opposite is the case. It is at least damaging reputation if my obligations to third parties are affected.

Conclusion: I fell in full delight as in the ice cold water. Revolut is too dangerous for me to trust. It does not do any good if you are on vacation and could not switch to cards of other banking institutions, if the holiday money is in the Revolutspardose and the travel insurance is also blocked there.
Right now, I can not get on with unlocking my account because I just can not upload the documents they want. With bots you can not clarify anything. They don`t understand.

2 Likes

I was very happy with the service untill it all slowed down.

I was obtaining instantanious assistance regarding chat and was in the loop however during these last few days its been hell.

In app chat premium account ? no one wants to get back to me.

Freelancer Business Acocunt open! well its temporariliy disabled.

I really enjoyed the level of service i was having until these issues occured.

I am looking forward to having these issues sorted. i will update you guys with what happens and will remain genuine in my opinion of them.

1 Like

I think they should at least send an SMS when your accound is locked.

1 Like

I’m a fairly new user so my useage can not be considered “power user” type. My opinion thus far is quite positive. I’ve travelled to France for 2 weeks and the card worked almost everywhere. The infamous gas stations didn’t work, and I also got 2 other transactions denied for no known reason. But the motorway tolls worked (don’t forget to enable magnetic stripe transactions).

Getting instant notifications on the iphone is just pure bliss. I am totally in love with such a feature, which may sound stupid to millenials… but people my age never had such instantaneous feedback with credit/debit cards.

Overall, I am very satisfied, maybe because I had low expectations. Also, I have backup cards in case a transaction gets denied. Maybe this is the major lesson for everyone: don’t rely exclusively on Revolut and you will be fine.

Ive always said this - and I would extend it to : 'don’t rely exclusively on ANY one card and you will be fine.’

2 Likes