Fraudulent Transactions

@Frank Thanks for the answer, I opened a Twitter account but it seems that I can’t post a Personal Message to Revolut, so what Am I suppose to do? I need Revolut to confirm some informations so I can tell the police what’s happening

Reading Revolut’s tweets and responses on Twitter should give you an idea about how other users get help there.

I would like Revolut to help me cancel Revolut cards which were registered under my mother’s name without her knowledge. I am aware of this because I have received 4 revolut cards to my address thus far. It would be helpful to add that my mother had fallen victim and lost money to a phone scam where she revealed her personal information to the scammer. About a month after this scam, my mother had undergone an investigation by the police force as these cards were used to transact money from scam victims and remit overseas.

P.S. As stated above, my mother did not apply for the Revolut cards. How are we supposed to de-register her account which was created fraudulently?

By contacting Revolut support. How can be found in the linked post below.

Also on the back on the card there should be a phone number to call to get the cards blocked. +44(0)2033228352

1 Like

Thank you for the response. The automated helpline required her phone number which was not found in the database. (I know I did this procedure correctly because I had created a Revolut account for the purpose of familiarising myself. and keying in my phone number allowed me to block my card).

I am not sure if the scammers managed to create an account with another phone number. Or is it more likely that Revolut had blocked the cards? (With the police involved, perhaps Revolut had already taken action. However, this is an assumption I have to make. Perhaps I would have to make a trip down to their office to clarify the situation.) Thank you.

Why instead not simply contact them through one of the channels described in the linked topic?

1 Like

Hi. in my case, i was going to rent a house, i thought i was talking with an Airbnb agent… What a stupid was… I realiced too late, after the payment. Now i want to cancel the operation but i cant and on the chat support nobody answers me.

Card payment?

Card payment chargeback procedures are only possible once the payment isn’t pending anymore. Prepare paperwork to (dramatically) increase chances for success. File a police report and provide the case number. And google “card fraud chargeback” to learn more about how to do this successfully. :wave:

I have receveid an new physical Revolut Card (Visa) in June.

I did the follwoing:

1. Paid once with a Slot Card reader and PIN to activate the card.

2. Paid once a book order with amazon.com

One day later I was asked by the Revolut App
if I had maid a payment with Uber (0.99 EUR), which I never did,

I just could confirm NO and
the brandnew card was desactivated.

Now I wonder, how is Uber able to abuse my card?